Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....the day was at hand. The day to visit the knee surgeon to see what it is that the fellow is going to do. Managed to get in a 45 minute dig at a local park in the rain which cleared my mind a tad.
002-22.jpg

The skull should have clued me in that this was not going to be a good visit to the hospital but this bouy was a thinking about Halloween.
004-25.jpg

So after a 1435hrs appointment I got to see Dr. Gross(what a handle for a doctor) at 1610hrs....right on time. Was in number 2 of 8 waiting rooms....felt really special like a tuna on a factory ship being processed!
Anyway he told me that a scope was in order and that it would be about a years wait! That floored me and he added insult to injury as he said he could get me in quicker if I went from 250 pounds down to 200. Lord love a duck I thought to myself in horror. If I lost all that weight who would Green Peace have to tow off the beaches and out to sea. Would take me a year to lose 50 pounds. And too boot gave up Guinness and all other forms of liquid entertainment. Also my digging fund has been changed to "The Special K golfs Nova Scotia Fund."

Upvote 1

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry they make you wait SO long! Hope the knee can hold up till then! Is that what we have to look forward to under Obama Care here in the US?

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loose 50#s or wait a year....tuff decision Leslie. To give up
everything you enjoy in life for a quicker appointment...Hmmm
GL on whatever way you decide to go..... Gold Nuggets :hello:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Just be yourself and take care of that knee. Scoping is a whole lot better than opening it up and it heals MUCH faster. That year will pass quick and who knows, maybe they will get to it faster than you think. One personal note. I weighed 325 lbs. and as I got older started cutting back on beer, cigars and especially sweets. I now weigh 175 lbs. and have nothing but problems with my knees. Doc says it must be arthritis, but he can't find any. Said to just "live with it". LOL. Thought you might like to know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread