πŸ₯‡ BANNER GOLD COIN TODAY!

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Was able to get out today at a beach that I have hunted quite a few times in the past... A lot of the areas were closed from the Hurricane, but I managed to squeeze my truck in a small area that just fit.... Got to swinging and every target was coin after coin today. Not much in the way of jewelry or junk... a few pieces of silver here and there... there were a few others swinging there too... I went out far on the mud flat to get away from the other guys and got a loud hit and dug a quarter... checked the hole and got a VERY LOW tone.... could it be a ring? Hmmmmm out pops this little piece of history from 1851.....WOW.... I am on cloud nine.... 42 years of hunting and this was a first for me today.... There is hope that there are still some goodies to be found.... This is a special beach to me this year... I have found a few diamond rings here too this season.... Thanks for looking and I can't wait till tomorrow.... Thank You Sandy from the bottom of my heart..... for the erosion that you gave us up here in Mass... 1 Dollar Gold Coin (1).JPG 1 Dollar Gold Coin (2).JPG I think that it may be a Charlotte NC coin

Last edited:
Upvote 58

xtrmdigger

Oct 28, 2012
Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Garrett AT PRO
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett GTI 2500
TESORO SAND SHARK
FISHER PULSE 8X
Amazing find thanks for the clarification!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YIKES!!!!

Came straight to this thread after I heard about it in your Trime thread. What an awesome find!!!!!!!!!!! What more can be said? There must still be hope for us in the northeast who didn't think that finding old US gold coins was possible.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Nick

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Came straight to this thread after I heard about it in your Trime thread. What an awesome find!!!!!!!!!!! What more can be said? There must still be hope for us in the northeast who didn't think that finding old US gold coins was possible.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Nick
I was thinking the same thing Nick, Thanks for the Kudos... Good luck hunting and DIG everything...you never know..

CTX Tom

Jul 5, 2012
Upstate,NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Teknetics 2 SE
E Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow,awesome coin!grats on a fantastic find.dream coin for sure!

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Good Luck Jeff..... You never know what you may find... even after 42+ years... it's still out there...

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold is always wonderful and in nice shape.......congrats

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
A little late to the party ... but I want to extend my CONGRATS too! :hello2::hello2::hello2:

That coin is sooo Beautiful!

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
A little late to the party ... but I want to extend my CONGRATS too! :hello2::hello2::hello2:

Thanks Joe, never tooooooo late my friend.... Thanks for the Kudos....

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Joe , this coin made the Western Eastern Treasure Magazine.... what a great season ....It was featured as one of the BEST FINDS of 2012

olas13

Oct 12, 2004
Rhode Island,USA
Detector(s) used
Excaliber 2,minelab sov., whites surfmaster. tesoro.equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Wow. Congratulation for a great job. Still on my wish list but I'll enjoys your for now!

Bob

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Wow. Congratulation for a great job. Still on my wish list but I'll enjoys your for now!

Bob
Bob, I found this GOLD COIN not to far from your area...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread