DAY 2 on the RIFLE RANGE........

D

dugupfinds

The forecast gales & rain fell last night & it was a bright but windy day. So I got out & did some mud wrestling.

I'm on the search for buttons/capbadges to identify the users of the range but still no luck. Can't even get the normal coinage.

Did get a badge at the 150 yrds point, very rusty on front but is copper-alloy on the back. Has a brooch like pin attachment left on reverse. Possible military item?? Looks pre-1900.

Field is very grassy & overgrown and liable to flood, so not great conditions. I'm digging the cartridges out at about 1 spade depth (7")

Still never give up easily, & no other choice of land, other than the bullet field.

Attachments

• cases etc.JPG
    cases etc.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 421
  • badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 432
Upvote 0

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
those aren't bad digs at all.. you can start making a display for the diffen't bullets and casings you find :)

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
(XLT-x 2 ) )(BH Sharp Shooter 2) (Coinmaster 4000/D series2)(Coinmaster 2/DB series 2)(Discovery 2)(Discovery 1000)
Hmmmm.... The 5 ounce lead weight. I wonder where it fits into the shooting range. Nice finds just the same.
Mike

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

backitup83 said:
Hmmmm.... The 5 ounce lead weight. I wonder where it fits into the shooting range. Nice finds just the same.
Mike

The range fires over a river before hitting the target or missing & then going over the railway.

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

viper771 said:
those aren't bad digs at all.. you can start making a display for the diffen't bullets and casings you find :)

When I draw together all the finds & research, I will be displaying it in the local museum. I will call it the "Lost Range of .........." Everyone locally, even historians have never read or heard about it.

T

TreasureTales

dugfinds said:
viper771 said:

When I draw together all the finds & research, I will be displaying it in the local museum. I will call it the "Lost Range of .........." Everyone locally, even historians have never read or heard about it.

That is an excellent thing to do. Your display will make some people think twice before condemning MDing and treasure hunters. Good PR is always a foot in the door--leading to other places to hunt. It's truly a matter of "you reap what you sow." You'll be reaping the rewards of your good deed just as soon as you put up that display. I'll bet money on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread