Silver roosie, Wheatie and 3 cents (memorial cents that is)

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Hey all,

Today found a test of the wrist. Unfortunately its not quite fully healed yet, so another week of not hunting it shall have to be.

I picked out a vacant lot where a home was torn down a year ago. I knew it had not been detected yet, but I also knew there would be a mass of signals all over. And lo and behold there was. Dug up lots of junk but atleast got a silver coin reward.

Hey a silver coin is a great day for me :)

1951 Roosie
1930 Wheatie
3 cents clad.

I got some more copper pipe and a tiny toy truck to clean up.

Thanks for the read all. Not quite what you guys are ripping out of the ground. But silver coin #8 on the year for me is something I am sure happy for. Kinda nippy a bit today too. Perhaps the cold was ripping at the wrist a bit too. Either way gonna let it rest another week and enjoy the treasures you all are finding.

Postalrevnant

Attachments

• Roosie.jpg
    Roosie.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 419
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Postalrevnant

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Green1 said:
nice day for a wounded guy.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Silver day is a great day for me wounded or not. I still remember that I probably pushed that wrist way too hard long ago when I first injured it. Because of that I am being cautious.

But not overly cautious I think. I will ask you all. After the 4th item came out of the ground I realized that I only felt the weight of my digging knife. I did not feel specific texture or anything because my hand is numb. Still is.

I might not be completely out of the hunt though. And it's not a tough guy thing or nothing like that. Just I did get pretty good left-handed way back. If the cold wind and weather holds up some I will hunt more left-handed. Because I enjoy it. But the cold is certainly not good to the joint area of the wrist.

It's not a tough guy thing or anything like that. I am long beyond that stuff. So in many ways I am not wounded atleast not of the flesh LOL.

Warped perhaps a bit but ain't we all?

Rev

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Nice diggin',that arm is keeping you down man. When I hunt old trashy demos like that I have a short spade I drag around with me,if its deep at all one foot on that spade and its over. I have some on again off again trouble with my elbow and I know the spades takes a lot of the work out of it if you arent real concerned about damaging the lawnscape. Need to find yourself some easy diggin spots while your healing up. Fairgrounds are pretty easy digging usually and a lot of coins are right at the surface. Another area that seems to be easy digging is along roads and sidewalks,seems like the ground is always real soft....Shoot

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver's always good, Post!!! 8)

Congrats on your finds and get better soon!

Nana :)

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Hey, You got out and found a silver coin in a trashy area (in the cold). That's dedication.

Just don't injure you wrist any further by pushing too hard.

I have "Renaud's Syndrome". My fingers go numb under 45 degrees, even with gloves on. They really hurt when the feeling
comes back.
I still go out though. ;)

Nice silver!

Ridley

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to get back in the groove, rev! Hope all is well real soon and you pull'em out by the handful.

rednek

madfranks

May 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Silver is always nice, but be sure not to hurt yourself to find them! A silver coin now + an overstressed digging hand = weeks or months of no detecting, and then think of all the silver you'll miss because of that!

Nice coin though! ;D ;D ;D

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, hope your wrist is getting better. I use my left hand often because my left arm gets tired. Funny thing is I slow way down when I use my left hand and always find some good coin.

HH, Ringfinder

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL
Hey Post-WTG on finding that silver.It's probably good to give that wrist a little exercise but don't over do it and set yourself back.Just take care of yourself.

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice.
Now remember, give yourself time to fully heal up or your ultimate recovery may take longer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread