ARROWHEADS

drewp2000

Oct 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello;
I have been hunting arrowheads for one year around a lake that drops this time of year and I am trying to identify; I am in east Tennessee came from douglas lake Cherickee was the group that settled here I know they are from them but I would like to know what the name of these arrowheads are and possibly worth? I need help I.D ing them thats all thanks.
Drew P arrow heads.jpg

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Top one is a Hardin. The bottom 3 look to be lost lakes. The time zone is correct for these to be together at around 9000 bp. Could have been a wash out from a grave or cache if found close together. I do not know about "authenticity" as this is not what you asked but do know that is was not Cherokees. They were late comers in that area. Early archaic . In that condition probably a cache of burial goods. Was it in a shell miden? Worth is what a person would pay but condition is close to g-10 or perfect (very few artifacts are ever perfect) so I would document and get a certificate of authenticity then tackle worth. You will need a good coa to sell. Maybe a grand maybe more for the lot. Market is depressed and flooded with repro's soooo authenticity and documentation is everything.
That lake impoundment has produced "MANY" high quality points Hope this helps and welcome to t-net. They also have an american artifact section here post if you are not thin skinned and good luck. Or try arrowheadology.com
TnMtns

The material looks correct for that area.

Last edited:

Grizzly13

Sep 22, 2012
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe. Garrett 2500/garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To nice, Mr. new member. Good job though, very talented. Use it where it counts

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You folks need to read the "Real or Fake" section below the rules. I don't have a dog in this race but do not think any person who has not personally seen another members relics can make any kind of judgement from the pics. If you doubt the authenticity so be it, but you have no right to post it on here. I dug a seated several years ago and a friend took it to a coin shop to have it graded for me. I knew it was not a key date etc. just in great shape. The owner of the shop was a friend of his.The coin dealer told him that there was no way it was a dug coin. Will never forget it. The quote "expert" flat implied I was a liar. I retrieved the coin after tons of research and finding the ford on a small river that led me to the picket camp where it was dug. I know little about Native American artifacts but if I had written the book on them I would still have the common courtesy to give a man the benefit of the doubt. If you truly think they are fake please keep such comments to yourself and at least follow the rules of the forum for all of our benefit.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some members will join the Icantlogin tribe very soon if not careful.

If you can't be respectful in your reply, don't reply at all.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Icantlogin tribe :laughing7:

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my apologies to drewp2000 and all others who read my earlier posted comment, now rightfully removed. I should have kept my opinions to myself. Whether the flintknapper of those finely made arrowheads be alive or long past and buried, my compliments on the work. If those are ancient artifacts.....WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!! I have a background in Archeology and knew the pieces weren't Cherokee but that gives me no excuse to open my big mouth with a negative post. Have seen a ton of the genuine article but very, very rarely in any comparable condition to those 4 pieces. Again, my apologies and Happy Hunting (especially if there are arrowheads like that to be found where you are hunting!!).

alderan33

Oct 15, 2010
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett Pro Pointer
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
my apologies to drewp2000 and all others who read my earlier posted comment, now rightfully removed. I should have kept my opinions to myself. Whether the flintknapper of those finely made arrowheads be alive or long past and buried, my compliments on the work. If those are ancient artifacts.....WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!! I have a background in Archeology and knew the pieces weren't Cherokee but that gives me no excuse to open my big mouth with a negative post. Have seen a ton of the genuine article but very, very rarely in any comparable condition to those 4 pieces. Again, my apologies and Happy Hunting (especially if there are arrowheads like that to be found where you are hunting!!).

None of my business but I respect your apology and I wish more people were physically capable of doing so. I takes a big man to admit you were wrong. Kudos to you sir.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread