coin beach Delaware

mfc83

Feb 27, 2010
MILLSBORO,DE
Detector(s) used
FISHER 1280X ,FISHER F2,BOUNTY HUNTER IV , TESORO CUTLASS UMAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got down on beach after Sandy for just a little bit but they still have rt1 shut down so had a long walk just to get to my spot.Beach wasnt in to bad of shape there are no more dunes had a little luck found this George at about 4in down had several targets that really seemed deep.Cant wait til the road is open and can spend the day on the beach i know theres more out there waiting.

Attachments

• 2012-10-31 13.33.24.jpg
    2012-10-31 13.33.24.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 243
Upvote 1

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering how things were down there. I spoke to you a few times in the past, we were suppose to meet down there last year I think, but I didn't find you, I was there. Anyways, you say Route 1 is closed? How about the area by the Old Coast Guard Station about a mile north of the inlet? Is that area closed? How are the dunes bordering Route 1 along Coin Beach, are they still there? Thanks........Rich

OP
OP
mfc83

mfc83

Feb 27, 2010
MILLSBORO,DE
Detector(s) used
FISHER 1280X ,FISHER F2,BOUNTY HUNTER IV , TESORO CUTLASS UMAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich they just opened rt1 at 5pm on saturday so this am there were alot of people detecting,my dad and i went down but didnt have any luck .The dunes from the bridge North to the lifesaving station were wiped out but DNREC bulldozed them back up they pushed from rt1 towards ocean.The beach is cut theres a gut rgt down the middle seen some black sand areas when i fet beach around noon there were 30 people detecting i did over hear one lady say she found another coin dont know if it was a george. Here is a pic looking north from just south of the 4x4 beach crossing north of the bridge . tim 2012-11-04 09.57.10.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions