MASSIVE GOLD RING !

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yesterday, I talked Dad into getting here today at early dark O'Clock... That was so that we could make the tide, as we would be working backwards ... the tide was rising in the area that I wanted so badly to hunt.... I desperately needed to get there, before everything got sanded in after the Huricane......I hunted there the other day, but was absolutely drained from hunting in the wind all day, we called it a day, after 6 hours and over $25.00 in coins in the wet sand..... and to boot, they were mostly deep coins in the rocks.....it was brutal digging.....and for all of our effort, we scored 4 rings. 2 sterling, 1 small 10K Gold signet ring and a junker with a cubie in it.... Today was to be a different story....Dad being almost 82 years young, was having a little trouble walking all the way to my destination, so I stopped very short of the area I wanted to hunt.... we collected quite a few coins, but the cold north air was beating him up, so we headed to a smaller beach with the wind to our backs.... He stayed in the truck this round, and after about an hour, I hadn't much coins, but got a very nice sterling rope ring... Off to the place that held all the goodies.... tide was now out half way, and out of the truck we went. I said hello to an older guy out the water, he nodded and on his way he went... In about knee deep water, rite in back of the old gent, I pulled a huge 14K GOLD UNITED STATED NAVAL ACADEMY RING... dated 1977.... (No inscription other than the date inside 1977) It has 2 smaller diamonds ....one on each side of the ring....I couldn't get to Dad fast enough to show it to him... I think he said something like Holy @%$%* .... LOLOL This make 2 fantastic rings from this area this year... the other being with diamonds too... Got a few more coins, and another antique sterling ring with an enamel face, to make 3 rings for the day... Oh by the way, the ring weighs in at a whopping 30.2 GRAMS Thanks for looking... Happy Hunting Beach (2).JPG Beach (3).JPG Beach (4).JPG Beach (5).JPG Beach (6).JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 22

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That would be a kind thing to do and I'm sure the original owner in this case would be "over the moon" to get this ring back. Whydah seems like an upstanding guy from his posts, my guess is he'll do the right thing with the ring. Best, Erik

I bet that you could track down the owner with a little detective work. A friend of mine found a Naval Academy ring and by the initials on the ring, they the (USNA) was able to contact the owner and return the ring.

With your ring being so unique with the Mason symbol on it, the USNA has only a couple vendors who makes these rings and they could narrow it down to a few people/cadets who had it made for them and they will contact the owner of the ring by using thier Active Duty-In-active Reserve rosters. Good luck !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions