MASSIVE GOLD RING !

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yesterday, I talked Dad into getting here today at early dark O'Clock... That was so that we could make the tide, as we would be working backwards ... the tide was rising in the area that I wanted so badly to hunt.... I desperately needed to get there, before everything got sanded in after the Huricane......I hunted there the other day, but was absolutely drained from hunting in the wind all day, we called it a day, after 6 hours and over $25.00 in coins in the wet sand..... and to boot, they were mostly deep coins in the rocks.....it was brutal digging.....and for all of our effort, we scored 4 rings. 2 sterling, 1 small 10K Gold signet ring and a junker with a cubie in it.... Today was to be a different story....Dad being almost 82 years young, was having a little trouble walking all the way to my destination, so I stopped very short of the area I wanted to hunt.... we collected quite a few coins, but the cold north air was beating him up, so we headed to a smaller beach with the wind to our backs.... He stayed in the truck this round, and after about an hour, I hadn't much coins, but got a very nice sterling rope ring... Off to the place that held all the goodies.... tide was now out half way, and out of the truck we went. I said hello to an older guy out the water, he nodded and on his way he went... In about knee deep water, rite in back of the old gent, I pulled a huge 14K GOLD UNITED STATED NAVAL ACADEMY RING... dated 1977.... (No inscription other than the date inside 1977) It has 2 smaller diamonds ....one on each side of the ring....I couldn't get to Dad fast enough to show it to him... I think he said something like Holy @%$%* .... LOLOL This make 2 fantastic rings from this area this year... the other being with diamonds too... Got a few more coins, and another antique sterling ring with an enamel face, to make 3 rings for the day... Oh by the way, the ring weighs in at a whopping 30.2 GRAMS Thanks for looking... Happy Hunting Beach (2).JPG Beach (3).JPG Beach (4).JPG Beach (5).JPG Beach (6).JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 22

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking ring, and very good pictures.:headbang: Nice you went with your Dad.:icon_thumleft:

SS

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Man you got to stop finding all that stuff:laughing7: Way to go dude!!!! Hope I can still swing when I'm 82! God Bless Chris

Scooter268

Oct 31, 2012
Houma, La
Detector(s) used
None yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one highly prized manson's ring. They just don't give those away to anyone, some consider those priceless. Great find!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man oh man.......know they can't smack the smile off your face right now. Congrats on an incredible find.:notworthy:

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one nice ring for sure. You still smiling while looking at it? :laughing7: I know I would be!

Scooter268

Oct 31, 2012
Houma, La
Detector(s) used
None yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe Masons are a multi nation organization

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a gold ring ! Sweet find
Glen

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In about knee deep water, rite in back of the old gent, I pulled a huge 14K GOLD UNITED STATED NAVAL ACADEMY RING... dated 1977.... Oh by the way, the ring weighs in at a whopping 30.2 GRAMS Thanks for looking...

Congratulations on the excellent ring! I know EXACTLY how you feel!!

Back when I first started this hobby, (about 30 years ago), I found a Naval Academy ring. I had nothing to weigh it on but somewhere around 1980 I sold it for scrap and got 300 dollars for it! (You'll need to check prices back then to see how much it weighed)

The catch was, the ring looked like a large ball of gold with a hole drilled through it for the finger. It hit like a VERY large garbage can lid. It was in about a foot of water, AND - it was 18 kt gold!!!!

AHHHHHhhhhh, the memories of the great ones!

Way to go!

HH!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that's almost a thousand bucks melt value at today's gold price. awesome find!

wetfly

Aug 8, 2012
Damn!!! Fat ass honker there man!! What a beauty!! Awesome finds helluva day!!! Congrats!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BANNER- BANNER -BANNER

deltamann

Sep 30, 2010
Northern New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F-75 LTD, Blisstool V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that you could track down the owner with a little detective work. A friend of mine found a Naval Academy ring and by the initials on the ring, they the (USNA) was able to contact the owner and return the ring.

With your ring being so unique with the Mason symbol on it, the USNA has only a couple vendors who makes these rings and they could narrow it down to a few people/cadets who had it made for them and they will contact the owner of the ring by using thier Active Duty-In-active Reserve rosters. Good luck !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread