NEED HELP I.D. BUCKLE PLEASE
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By creskol
  • 1 Post By John Boy
  • 1 Post By creskol
  • 1 Post By Valley Ranger

Thread: NEED HELP I.D. BUCKLE PLEASE

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Sep 2012
    FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
    298 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

NEED HELP I.D. BUCKLE PLEASE

I found this last night. Have found civil war relics in the same area although I have no clue to this one.Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20121108_081339.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	679.3 KB 
ID:	697322

Name:	ForumRunner_20121108_081410.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	546.5 KB 
ID:	697323

Name:	ForumRunner_20121108_081436.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	537.5 KB 
ID:	697324

Name:	ForumRunner_20121108_081459.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	546.8 KB 
ID:	697325

Jan 2007
    Northern Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    2869 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Never seen one like that JB? Looks like two reins or strips of leather attached to the hook. Unusual relic. HH, Quindy.
    View more Tenn. Trio hunts by going to "You Tube" & typing in "Quindy Robertson".

Sep 2012
    298 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VOL1266-X View Post
    Never seen one like that JB? Looks like two reins or strips of leather attached to the hook. Unusual relic. HH, Quindy.
    Yeah,this one has me stomped to.I thought I had seen about all the buckles there are,until I dug this up.Thanks for looking, l thought for sure someone on here would know what it is.take care buddy.

That buckle really isn't a buckle at all, but rather 1/2 of a collar fastener for a horse collar. I will see if I can find you a pic after dinner.
    Erik in NJ likes this.
    “It is best as one grows older to strip oneself of possessions, to shed oneself downward like a tree, to be almost wholly earth before one dies.”

Sep 2012
    298 times
    Quote Originally Posted by creskol View Post
    That buckle really isn't a buckle at all, but rather 1/2 of a collar fastener for a horse collar. I will see if I can find you a pic after dinner.
    Hey alright!!good to know thanks buddy.I thought it might be from a collar or from a pack mule rig,but not for sure.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Hey alright!!good to know thanks buddy.I thought it might be from a collar or from a pack mule rig,but not for sure.Thanks
    You are welcome, John ... Here is a photo:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	collar.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	697510  
    “It is best as one grows older to strip oneself of possessions, to shed oneself downward like a tree, to be almost wholly earth before one dies.”

Sep 2012
    298 times
    You are welcome, John ... Here is a photo:
    Thanks buddy for the information and the pic.That's alright there.Tanks again Creskol
    creskol likes this.

not a problem ... Glad I could be of help.

Jan 2007
    Northern Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    2869 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Rob, I should have recognized that one as I have hooked them up on mule collars mnany times as a child on the farm. You are very good at this. HH, Quindy.
    View more Tenn. Trio hunts by going to "You Tube" & typing in "Quindy Robertson".

Quote Originally Posted by VOL1266-X View Post
    Rob, I should have recognized that one as I have hooked them up on mule collars mnany times as a child on the farm. You are very good at this. HH, Quindy.
    Thanks Quindy .. The sad part is, that I have forgotten more than I remember. I use to see things and say, "I know what that is .. it's a _____fill in the blank______" Now I see things, and say, "I know I have seen something like that before, but where? .. What the heck is it??" .. and draw a complete blank. If I continue on the same track, I will have the brains of a marshmallow in a year or two.
    got2dig likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Relic Hunter & Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mar 2011
    Shenandoah Valley
    Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
    1307 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Thanks Quindy .. The sad part is, that I have forgotten more than I remember. I use to see things and say, "I know what that is .. it's a _____fill in the blank______" Now I see things, and say, "I know I have seen something like that before, but where? .. What the heck is it??" .. and draw a complete blank. If I continue on the same track, I will have the brains of a marshmallow in a year or two.
    You may have forgotten more than you remember, but you still remember what most of us never even knew!
    John Boy likes this.
    "A land without ruins is a land without memories -- a land without memories is a land without history." ~ Rev. Abram Joseph Ryan, Poet Laureate of the Confederacy

My YouTube channel

Amazon author's page

RelicsandBones.com

Facebook

Descended from Patriots & Rabble-Rousers.

Sponsored Links