πŸ₯‡ BANNER This could have been a once in a lifetime hunt!

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
Portland, Oregon/ I travel
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
V3i xlt dfx gmt mxt f75 Exp SE ace 150 Umax etrac goldmaster coinmaster Cz-5 Cz-3D Goldengate 3D BH 300 ctx 3030 jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This could have been a once in a lifetime hunt! MORE FOUND

4 Part Story with 4 different hunts with more treasure and pics ......maybe more soon!

A friend of mine said he had a day free so, we set up a hunt. I knew of a very large park yet to be explored by either of us. We hunted for several hours and got about 15 coins or so...it was so clean and not even one pull tab!
We gave up on it and decided to go have lunch. After, my friend Danny said he had a little time but not much as he had a football game to watch. We headed to a new site that Danny got permission to hunt. When we arrived at the home site and were surprised to find a demolished house, everything was gone! Pushed up and the burn piles were still smoldering! Debris strewn all over the lot like a tornado just blew thru. The bulldozer left piles of earth with a mixture of insulation, old wiring, nails, glass and the fall leaves. Everthing had changed! I think most people would have just driven away but since we didn't have much time, we decided to make the best of this "war" zone. I was thinking..."what did Danny bring me to"? We hunted for a short time and Danny found a hot spot for pennies, a lot wheat backs. He invited me to hunt with him but I said, "thats your spot". He insisted and I started digging up a few wheat backs. I was a bit tired at that point so decided to leave him and venture on. I headed to another area about 75 feet away. I got decent tones but all trash mostly. I really expected the detector screen to say, "Enough already"! or "No More"! Tons of iron, pipes, wires and just your run of mill....trash. It was driving me crazy! Several times I was 2 seconds away from going to the semi manicured lawn next to where we were hunting. I kinda had enough. The day was fun but it wasnt very productive. Danny headed my way and he told me he got a bunch of pennies. He asked how I was doing and I said not too good but this signal I just got sounded good. It was dollar range signal! I dug down a few inches and up popped 3 pennies, all together. I said just old pennies. I checked the hole again...I still got the dollar signal. It was a good signal but not too deep and not very strong. Probably some kind of trash. I told Danny, it was a good steady signal....lets hope! Wow, up popped the unmistakable look of a silver dollar! I didnt touch it. I said to my friend....you WONT believe this! YOU WONT BELIEVE THIS! Hes looking at me puzzled and I pointed at the hole.
A nice 1921 morgan silver dollar was peeking at us. The iron & trash etc was trying to null out and confuse the signal.
I didn't know this day would EVER happen. Ive known of people hunting 30 years to only find 1 dollar. Ive been doing this about 3 years. Its my lucky day! Danny gave me the high 5 and took some pics. We started hunting again and Danny and got some more wheat backs. About 5 minutes later, I got another signal. Up pops another! I yelled at Danny, another one!!! Hes saying wow...its your lucky day. It was! Then, Danny got a signal. He probes it and I can see the shine from 10 feet away. He scores a very nice dollar in a plastic pouch. High 5 again and pics. He is beaming and I was happy for him. WE continued to hunt. I'm getting multiple signals all over the place. I'm pulling up wheat pennies as fast as I can unearth them. Lots of them! Then, I get 3 signals all in a 2 foot radius. One silver dollar, then another... then a third! I am exstatic! 20 minutes ago, I'm almost ready to pack it in. Now, I'm plucking 5 silver dollars and lots of wheat backs like a crazy person. Danny gets another dollar, then a Franklin half. There were so many wheats that I would probe the signal with my pinpointer...set it down...and it would beep again. So, I would move it....and it would continue to beep again....Coins everywhere! I continue to pull up 2 more dollars and Danny has several halfs. You have NO idea whats coming...and neither did I. I got a silver tone...moved a small amount of dirt and I instantly new what I had. Now, with 7 silver dollars and hundred or two of wheat pennies, I yelled at Danny again. Can you believe a 10 oz silver bar???....in the wrapper. Danny could not believe it and I was almost speechless. It was now dark and we continue to hunt continuing to pull up mostly wheat backs but a occasional silver. We searched in the dark using mostly just the light from our probes. It was almost a frenzy. All in all, Danny missed his game by about 5 hours. I think he can live with that. I know I can! I walked out with 287 pennies, 1 franklin half, 10 oz bar of pure .999 silver AND 10 Silver dollars. Danny got several dozens wheat backs, 2 Silver dollars, 7 halfs and two nice tokens yet to be identified.
Wow, what a day!!! In general, it was a nice day. No rain, if there was, we wouldn't have hunted. I would not have ever found this stuff if Danny did not take me there. I don't think we would have found all we did if I hadn't decided to keep looking in such a trashy area. So, we would both be nowhere without each others help. Happened on my departed Dads birthday too...Thanks for the inspiration! This might have been once in a lifetime experience and I will never forget it.
I hope WE have some good luck again... as I do everyone, so don't give up and who knows maybe you will have some silver in your future and turn your trash ...into Treasure!

Attachments

• first silver dollar (Large).jpg
    first silver dollar (Large).jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 2,643
  • silver dollar day 3 find extra (Large).JPG
    silver dollar day 3 find extra (Large).JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 2,723
  • silver dollar day 10 oz bar (Medium).JPG
    silver dollar day 10 oz bar (Medium).JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 2,509
  • silver dollar day 10 oz bar close up (Medium).JPG
    silver dollar day 10 oz bar close up (Medium).JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 3,569
Last edited:
Upvote 67
OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
V3i xlt dfx gmt mxt f75 Exp SE ace 150 Umax etrac goldmaster coinmaster Cz-5 Cz-3D Goldengate 3D BH 300 ctx 3030 jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!

Here another pic of items found on the last hunt. They are small pieces of silver cut from sheets and a melted drop. This is common for jewelers to work with this type of material. So it would be safe to say...that there was a jeweler of some type on this property at one time. Its not a great find but now we know where the chains came from.

I will post any new info.

Attachments

• silver pieces.jpg
    silver pieces.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are headed back to this site this weekend. Have a TDI now and will see if that helps find some more items that we missed.

Any other ideas?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...we had a beautiful day today to hunt...about 50 degrees...great for this time of the year. Got to the site today and the owner was there. He said ....your still looking? I said can you blame us? He laughed. I asked why the property hadnt been developed yet. He said because there was a gas station there at one time years ago and the ground had to be inspected etc. So, good for us...more time to hunt!

We picked another area about 100 feet from where we mostly have been hunting before....remnants of a foundation was evident. I got the TDI out and started the hunt. I got lots and lots of "grunt" signals. This went on for about 2 hours. Then, when I set my detector down...I heard something. I checked it again....it was a nice tone. I got a silver dime! Then, about 30 mins later, I had one signal screaming at me.....up popped a nice Ben Franklin Half Dollar. I thought we one the right track. I got many signals that sounded like silver dollars but no luck. I did manage to find 4 silver rings....one smashed somewhat. Got a few dollars in clad and one war nickel. We may have found a hot spot today but no large silver. In any case....it was nice to see SILVER again at this site.

I was hoping for some more silver dollars today but lets hope for next time!

Attachments

• tdi finds.jpg
    tdi finds.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 163
OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As requested a close up pic. Going back soon with several members.

Attachments

• silver site rings.jpg
    silver site rings.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 180

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man your still killing it on that site. Fantastic hunt you had, congrats.
ZDD

Pirateofthewaste

Dec 27, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Bounty Huntter,VFL,win best and bounty hunter pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your out of control. Congrats hope y'all find more.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure we don't have to tell you to keep us posted on what else you find!
Truly amazing lifetime adventure you guys are having finding the silver hoard!
I'm mystified why gold isn't turning up, when there's evidence of a jeweler having been there.
The best of luck on your continuing adventure, and thanks for taking us along for the ride, it's thrillingly awesome!!!!

OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As requested a close up pic. Going back soon with several members.

Man your still killing it on that site. Fantastic hunt you had, congrats.
ZDD

Thanks Dave! We are doing ok....there was a few hunts on this site without much to show. This was nice!

Your out of control. Congrats hope y'all find more.
Thank you....me too!

I'm sure we don't have to tell you to keep us posted on what else you find!
Truly amazing lifetime adventure you guys are having finding the silver hoard!
I'm mystified why gold isn't turning up, when there's evidence of a jeweler having been there.
The best of luck on your continuing adventure, and thanks for taking us along for the ride, it's thrillingly awesome!!!!

Well maybe there is a chest of gold someplace? We have tried to keep gold in mind when hunting but just none so far has turned up. I suppose it could be that this "jeweler" just worked with silver. Silver was all the rage back in the 70s and there is some indication that these items could have been lost/buried about that time. When the chest of gold turns up....I will send you some for your good wishes!

OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather was nice so I decided to hunt this site a little while. NO cache today but a couple interesting items. Possibly additional clues to the age of all the items.

I have invited several others to detect this site with me soon and hopefully we will find something good!

Attachments

• eagle.jpg
    eagle.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 160
  • year for liicense plate.jpg
    year for liicense plate.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 203

zdawg3579

Feb 23, 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should look at old county maps or USGS maps and see what has been there in the past! I can't imagine all of that just fell in the same area over time, clearly it was a cache or there was a bank once upon a time or something! Amazing find! HH.

Lust4fun

Tenderfoot
Dec 1, 2010
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
v3 etrac tdi f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Found this post and could not believe all the stuff you found! Did you go back? Did you find anything else? Great story...I finally read thru all the posts and finds. Thanks for sharing!

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
having a whites TDI is already a good idea bro

OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Found this post and could not believe all the stuff you found! Did you go back? Did you find anything else? Great story...I finally read thru all the posts and finds. Thanks for sharing!

We did go back but nothing to speak of was found. If anyone has any ideas on what to do next.....I would listen. I'm sure "something" is still there....just a question of how much. ;-)

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reviving this one because it's so worth it! Read every page. Seriously a hunt of a lifetime and all our dreams. Such an incredible stash of finds..At least 30 silver dollars/halfs, 5 silver rings, 1 gold ring, silver gob, 10 oz silver bar!! About 100 silver chains..Huge freaking congrats on these amazing memorable finds!

OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reviving this one because it's so worth it! Read every page. Seriously a hunt of a lifetime and all our dreams. Such an incredible stash of finds..At least 30 silver dollars/halfs, 5 silver rings, 1 gold ring, silver gob, 10 oz silver bar!! About 100 silver chains..Huge freaking congrats on these amazing memorable finds!

Thank you! It was fun & profitable. Good luck to you as well!

OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you [emoji120]

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Awesome!!! Congrats!!! A Treasure Story for Sure!!!! Killer!!!!

Last edited:

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy living ****!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread