• oldfinds002.jpg
    oldfinds002.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 534
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Cool finds and that spot looks really great to hunt . Why does that one ball have the tiny eyelet on it ? Is it for a pendant?

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"...a musket ball, a button that looks like a musket ball (but light/hollow; does anyone know about these?),..." Sometimes I miss it in the post too. I just happened to get that one. As my brother would have said "Even a blind hog finds corn now and then!"

HH,
Ramapirate

T

TreasureTales

Very nice old finds. I like this kind of stuff! Don't know anything about the button that isn't a musketball. Perhaps it is a fob????

One question: has anyone ever found the skeletons that go with the keys? ;D

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Great finds there. I really like the buttons. That round one sort of looks like something that would have been on a civilian coat. Keep us posted if you find out.

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ball button is sometimes refered as a Zouave button as they were the same type button used on the flamboyant uniforms of the Zouave soldiers of the Civil War. Also this type of button was frequently used on Cadet uniforms from military schools prior to and just after the war. They seem to turn up in CW sites fairly often and come in several different sizes. I would think the bigger one like yours was on a coat.

D.

T

TreasureTales

Well my goodness, that is the FIRST TIME I have even heard of such a button, much less seen one. See how much we Westerners miss out on? Almost makes me wanna pull up roots and move East.....NAH!!!! Me likey here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread