Where are some good places to metal detect in dyersburg tn

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mitchel.....kind of a "no no" to ask on here. Kind of like asking a guy if you can date his girlfriend. Most hunters that are truly successful put lots of research in their sites and have no inclination to have you share in the fruits of their labor. The obvious places like schools, churches, parks, and so on still give up some good stuff but have been hunted to death ( most not all ). If you can find a good club in your area it will be a huge asset for you to learn how to do the research. Finding good places to hunt is getting harder and harder but they are still out there if you do the research. Read....read......read Tnet and you will start getting an idea of how some of the members find places. Just hitting old homes and asking permission can be super rewarding, but again if they can be hunted many of them already have. Find where people used to live, gather, and socialize and you will be on the right track. PLEASE make sure you cover your tracks properly. Many good places are now off limits for us to hunt due to the damage done by a few bone-heads. Best of luck and hope to see some of your finds on here soon.:icon_thumleft:

master_cat

Mar 10, 2012
tennessee
Detector(s) used
fisher f75 se
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
im still new and im having fairly good luck old historic maps will be your best friend

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
You are suppose to do your OWN research. Why would we work hard for our sites then just give them to you. We could give you tips on how to research or what to look for but we aren't going to search and tell you where the old stuff might be.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
MrSchulz said:
You are suppose to do your OWN research. Why would we work hard for our sites then just give them to you. We could give you tips on how to research or what to look for but we aren't going to search and tell you where the old stuff might be.

Now your learning mr Schulz.

Bry

Aug 8, 2006
Southern Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now your learning mr Schulz.
Road construction near downtown areas is good they have seen alot of traffic,,if you hunt private yards you need to hone your probing skills, you can't even cut a plug on a lot of lawns people cringe at the word dig,,I always say I don't dig holes, I use a probe and make a hole big enough for my finger and then pinch it shut,,,,If the target is to deep to reach mark the spot and save it for last,so you dont risk getting kicked off the property until your through, Study the art,and research,and above all leave the ground the way you found it or better,,take your trash with you! Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread