Mar 20, 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So far I am pretty impressed with the AT Gold. I have found some pretty deep items, and things that I am sure I would not have found with my Ace. I am not finding much at my sites that had been worked by the ACE 250. That says alot for the ACE. Today I finally put the AT Gold in the final battery bar and it got me through about two weeks of fairly hard detecting.

Today I got out to a site that I had not hit hard in the past because it is so trashy. I started out finding trash as usual, but then it turned out to be a pretty good day. My favorite find of the day was the three ringer. It was about 4 inches deep in clay. I got one coin, and I thought it was an 1867 all day but I got home and washed it and it turned into a dang 1903. Don't you hate it when they do that???? I got a small thimble, a 30 caliber rimfire pistol bullet, a tiny brass buckle, an 1800s bottle neck, a world war II 50 Cal BMG casing, bag seals, 1935 and 1947 dog tags, some sort of iron tool, a hand forged item(see ID section of forum) and finally I found a handmade mid 19th century marble.

Hopefully I am able to see more of what this machine will do in time. I barely have figured out the tones yet. I would like to go hunt with someone that has the machine already, that can show me how to operate it properly.

Thanks for looking, FoundinNC

IMAG0316.jpg
3 ringer(confederate), thimble, rimfire bullet, brass buckle, and 1903 Indian cent
IMAG0317.jpg
Bottle neck, mystery brass hook item(see ID forum), suspender buckle, Brass acorn, wick turner, harmonica reed, razor head, 50 cal BMG round dated 43
IMAG0318.jpg
Cut section of large caliber bullet, roundball, hand made marble, cool button, bag seals, brass tack and two dog tags 1935 and 1947
IMAG0319.jpg
some sort of tool, brass triangle plate???? and compact
IMAG0315.jpg
Any idea what these are? I dug the bottom one today and the top one earlier in the week at sites that are only a mile apart.
IMAG0320.jpg
50 Caliber Machine Gun bullet from World War II, dated (19)43

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pistol-pete

Nov 4, 2012
Custer County, CO. at 9300 Ft.
Detector(s) used
1970 Garrett Hunter, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, Just ordered an AT Gold, not here yet but looking forward to it. Been using a Ace350 and hope the AT will do a bit better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread