Belly Dancer

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Ok now that I have your attention :laughing7:

These finds are from Saturday 11/10. I believe the house that was here was abondoned during the depression. I had found a small coin shaped object here last year which was identified as part of a belly dancer costume. nearby I was surprised to find the rest of it. I think the animal on it is a camel.

IMG_1808.JPG

IMG_1809.JPG

Too bad it is badly plow damaged.

It seems the woman of the house really liked bling. found a couple of nice buckles including a big silver one.

IMG_1810.JPG

DEW?

IMG_1812.JPG

IMG_1813.JPG

IMG_1815.JPG

This one is a colonial buckle and I can prove it :laughing7:

IMG_1816.JPG

Now the large cent I think is a bit of an anomoly. 1836 I believe.

IMG_1811.JPG

and lastly a find that really got my blood boiling. A coin purse clasp! However I searched everywhere closeby and could find no coins. I am going to have a sit and study the plow lines in the field to scope possible locations it could have been dragged to or where the clasp might have come from. It being tangled as badly as it is I imagine it could have gone for many plow rides over the years :)

IMG_1814.JPG

just some odds and ends. Also found a 1920's era suspender clip. and oiled coat button and a really beatup smokehouse lock.

Thanks for looking and HH.

Upvote 1

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow........some great finds:icon_thumleft:

xtrmdigger

Oct 28, 2012
Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Garrett AT PRO
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett GTI 2500
TESORO SAND SHARK
FISHER PULSE 8X
Wish I could find a belly dancer while I'm m/d!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread