🥇 BANNER GOLD COIN...BOOYEAH!!!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It only took 8 years but this afternoon I found my first gold coin. I had a friend down to detect some "old faithful" areas as the "good" sites are still not available. This is the same friend who found the 2 cannonballs on my site the last time he was here to detect...same site too! The day started pretty slow and I was somewhat disappointed that the sites I had been hoping for were not available. I did have the backup plan and we executed that. Phil started with a couple coppers and I with a button and a musket ramrod thimble. Phil called me over to pinpoint a target in his hole and when I was walking away I got a nice solid signal. It was pinpointing about four inches down so I cut a nice wide plug. I flipped it over and just about freaked out! There was some profanity involved when I saw the distinct gleam of gold on the plug! I grabbed a couple insitu shots and id'd it as a Victorian 1870 Sovereign! Some knuckle head in the past soldered a loop on it to wear on a chain which was his downfall and my fortune!

Attachments

• j71hi.jpg
    j71hi.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 604
  • yibows.jpg
    yibows.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 578
  • 407ogd.jpg
    407ogd.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 552
  • m2efv.jpg
    m2efv.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 554
  • bpejq.jpg
    bpejq.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:
Upvote 35

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find on both the parts and the gold. Good thing that chain broke the coin was on you may have not found it, It's GOLD... HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread