Found some silver at Vectors spot.

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Found some silver at Vector's spot.

I drove to Vector's spot in Greensboro NC today and hunted for 2 hours.

The place is wide open. Lots of signals everywhere. I found a Merc and a silver bracelet, $2.00 in clad
and a mystery coin.

vectspot1.jpg

The place is a blast. I'm going back on Sunday with a garden shovel.

Thanks for the tip Vector!

Ridley

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ridley

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Re: Found some silver at Vector's spot.

Close up of the mystery coin...

vect2.jpg

Ridley

D

damz68

I wish I were a little closer. If it was Charlotte I would be there tomorrow, but Greenville SC is like 4 hours away! Is your mystery coin a quarter? I found a Quarter once, 65, that was badly corroded. It could be a token or comemortive coin, they are normally thinner than coins. I guess it could even be a large cent. Shock it!

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL

Nice finds Ridley.Have on clue on the mystery coin.Glad you got to get out.

OP
OP
Ridley

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used

Greensboro is very old and I noticed many old places to hunt (While I was sort of lost driving around).

Vector's spot will test your metal. There's only two houses left standing. So you need to "find" the good spots. One of the friendly neighbors took an interest and tagged along with me for a while. I think he's asking his wife for a detector for Christmas.

Sunday should be around 65 degrees. If you live close enough, I'll see you there. 30 of us could hunt this place at the same time! LOL.

I must warn you though. It's infested with beer bottle tops and pickle jar lids.

Vector is right though. There's a lot of old stuff in there. ;)

Ridley

bagglaydee

Mar 22, 2005
Kernersville, North Carolina

Wow WTG on finding your way there and also finding some silver!

Sunday sounds good if I don't have to work....any idea on what time?

Vector...thanks for hooking us up with what could be a sweeeet spot! Hope you're starting to feel better. Whiplash hurts and takes time for the healing!

HH.....Barb

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

nice finds,, sweet bracelet !!!!!!!!! ;D ;D :o :o ;D ;D

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Repost my finds at Vector's spot.

Ridley.what kind of detector you using???

Where did you find that stuff at the sight??? I was hunting near where the house is thats still on the foundation (like to the right of it if looking at the front of the house) and near the big rubble pile (far right near tip of flat iron part of the sight) good luck. and PM me if you wanna hook up!!!

mws

I found a good luck token (the aluminum kind that is stamped out with alphabet spelling keys, middle with a star shape, and horse shoe, flag) & a Bell Telephone and Telegraph FOB, which says 75 years of service to the south 1879-1954.....this place ain't gonna last though....

I later went back and got some clad, cheap watch, and a real old brass lipstick tube........good luck

Attachments

• index.gif
    index.gif
    61.5 KB · Views: 397
  • index.gif
    index.gif
    61.5 KB · Views: 397

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri

Very nice! :D

With the mystery coin, if you could get a clearer picture that'd help. Are you taking the scan and just stretching it? It looks pixelated in that kind of way. If we could see a scan of higher quality or the regular size it might help. Also the back/front of the coin. :)

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats, it looks like you found a hunt site with a lot of potential. Keep us posted on your finds there. Good Luck !

Huntin' 59er

OP
OP
Ridley

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Re: Repost my finds at Vector's spot.

mwsvector said:
Ridley.what kind of detector you using???

Where did you find that stuff at the sight??? I was hunting near where the house is thats still on the foundation (like to the right of it if looking at the front of the house) and near the big rubble pile (far right near tip of flat iron part of the sight) good luck. and PM me if you wanna hook up!!!

mws

I found a good luck token (the aluminum kind that is stamped out with alphabet spelling keys, middle with a star shape, and horse shoe, flag) & a Bell Telephone and Telegraph FOB, which says 75 years of service to the south 1879-1954.....this place ain't gonna last though....

I later went back and got some clad, cheap watch, and a real old brass lipstick tube........good luck

I use a Whites Classic SL II . It's perfect for trashy locations like your spot.

The dime and the bracelet were near each other not to far from the house on wheels. Sort of on the way to the foundation house. It's funny the dime was the third signal I got.

The mystery coin was in the remainder of the front yard of the foundation house.

I think the best way to hunt that area is to locate a hot spot and dig all the signals. That's why a garden spade would work well there. Some places are soft black earth and others are hard as cement!

I'm going to try to get there early on Sunday and spend all day poking around. It looks like the temp will be 57 58 degrees.

Vector. Even if you don't swing your machine, you could keep me company and help locate the good stuff. I'll split the booty with ya! ;)

Ridley

OP
OP
Ridley

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used

bagglaydee said:
Wow WTG on finding your way there and also finding some silver!

Sunday sounds good if I don't have to work....any idea on what time?

Vector...thanks for hooking us up with what could be a sweeeet spot! Hope you're starting to feel better. Whiplash hurts and takes time for the healing!

HH.....Barb

Barb.
Bring a jacket for the wind. The place is wide open!

Hope you can make it!

Ridley

OP
OP
Ridley

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used

Snee said:
Very nice! :D

With the mystery coin, if you could get a clearer picture that'd help. Are you taking the scan and just stretching it? It looks pixelated in that kind of way. If we could see a scan of higher quality or the regular size it might help. Also the back/front of the coin. :)

The coin is copper and larger than a quarter. Maybe I'll try electrolysis on it and scan it again. It's probably just a token.

That site is loaded with old stuff though.

Ridley

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice digs!

hh

lonewolfe

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

back again today, found 2 cents and a 1963 dog tag............i think this place is too trashy for my detector...BH 3300........good luck if you go

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice finds...I think your mystery coin will stay a mystery...I find lots like that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions