🥇 BANNER REPUBLIC OF TEXAS Star Button

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I haven't posted anything in a while because I have been letting Vol1266X (Quindy) post our finds as the Tennessee Trio, which includes Josh. He asked me to post this button because of its rarity. We went to a new site on Tuesday which Josh had found for us. Josh found two reales and a bunch of flat buttons and a ball button. Quindy found a flat button a ball button and some round balls. Quindy would have found more but he spent a lot of his time filming Josh and his finds. haha I had found a few round balls and a flat button. Toward the end of the hunt, I found a dome button which I thought was an Eagle button. Since I did not have my glasses, I couldn't tell so Josh cleaned it off. He said it had a star in the middle. I thought he was just messing with me since we do that to each other every chance we get. After cleaning it up a little more, it turned out to be a Republic of Texas button. Thanks for looking, Doug Looking at the button with a better magnifying glass I have determined that the button is an Infantry button. There is an I in the middle of the star.

Attachments

• dsc01489.jpg
    dsc01489.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 601
Last edited:
Upvote 13

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You 2 clowns are killing me. All 3 of us were excited when we saw the star and knew it had to be a Mississippi or Texas button. The Tennessee Trio had an exceptionally good last six days. I dug the U.S. box plate, Josh dug the 1859 pattern spur, 1842 LC + 2 half Reales, and you scored the "artillery" utility hammer and the Texas button. I wish the VOLS had enjoyed as good a Fall as the Trio has-LOL. I vote BANNER and will formally do so on the system. What are you going to dig next and with the F75 too? HH, Q.

Last edited:

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
What a great find!!!!!!!!! I'm like Quindy, that is a banner find in my book. I'm getting me a golf shirt to wear on my next dig. Congrats on a rare find and when I talked to Quindy last night, he told me that you are going to give him that button:laughing7:. That is really nice of you to do that. Your friend, Tennessee digger

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a great find!!!!!!!!! I'm like Quindy, that is a banner find in my book. I'm getting me a golf shirt to wear on my next dig. Congrats on a rare find and when I talked to Quindy last night, he told me that you are going to give him that button:laughing7:. That is really nice of you to do that. Your friend, Tennessee digger

What he said Doug!!!
I like it. Q.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a banner find for sure! I am envious of that one! Great recovery D!

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great save! Banner.

mikefromIllinois

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2008
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-3D
Since i am from illinois don't know much about civil war relics, but i see the tenn. trio posting up the civil war relics all the time. These boys must know what their talking about, so by golly i am voting banner also. Nice find.

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awesome button and one that a relic hunter would dream to have! Banner!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nominated for the BANNER! You outdid yourself on that one, Bud. Send some of that good fortune back down here!

Best Wishes,

Buckles

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel like an American voting on a Roman Eagle (:thumbsup: ). I have no clue how rare it is, although as I have only seen a couple posted in all these years, & with the above posters knowledge; I'm hitting the button.

CONGRATS

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on an excellent find Doug! That is a Banner button :occasion14:

I wouldn't be surprised if another one turns up at that house site. Where there is one there is often times another. That has been my experience many times over.

Bell

Jan 13, 2011
As a Texan that button is my #1 dream relic find. I spent five years looking for one at republic sites it texas with no luck. Maybe now that im in NC ill find one lol. Congrats on the impending banner.

OP
OP
Dman

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I feel like an American voting on a Roman Eagle (:thumbsup: ). I have no clue how rare it is, although as I have only seen a couple posted in all these years, & with the above posters knowledge; I'm hitting the button.

CONGRATS
Thanks for voting banner.

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner all the way!!!One very rare button,with a great history!!Happy Thanksgiving!!

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Thanks for voting banner. I hope you will buy lunch next time we hunt. LOL

Quindy should buy your lunch for giving him that button. That is the least that he could do! Tennessee digger

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ! There was one of these buttons found at a site I used to hunt in VA.I was told it was sold for $4500 :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread