UPDATE/FOUND--not fun search for wifes ring

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
UPDATE/FOUND--not fun search for wife's ring

(She found the ring in one of her bags she took to work. It was on a chair near the table. I think one of the cats swated it into the bag.)

My wife came into the kithen and put her diamond wedding ring and wedding band on the table. Later she could only find the diamond ring. We looked everywhere and couldn't find the band. We thought maybe the cats knocked it on the floor as they often knock things over and one of the dogs ate it. So, I have the fun task of waiting for the ring to maybe come out of the dogs. One just went #2 a few minutes ago and an inspection, some squishing of it (with paper towels, excuse the visual) and it was not there. Maybe the other dog later on. Aren't you glad you aren't me today?!

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: not fun search for wife's ring

You have no idea how glad I am not you today!!!! :D

EWWWWW Bergie! :D

But I do hope you find the ring!

Nana :D

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Bergie, put the detector in all metal and scan the dogs & the cats. ;) Be sure to scan the litter box for little treasures. LOL Sorry to hear, hope it shows soon.

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004

great idea!! they are small dogs too -- but I didn't get a signal out of either one. At least that saves me checking any more #2

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri

LOL! yeah that's pretty gross.
Rings just have a way of disappearing and never being found. When we lose something small around the house, we look under the couches. Our cat has this thing about pens and pencils. They're very desirable to her. One time we were looking for a remote or something and looked under the couch and found like 16 pens and pencils, along with tons of other odds and ends. I don't know why, but she loves purposefully bringing stuff over to the couch and shoving it under there. It's like her secret stash.
My recommendations are looking under every surface. Check every heating vent close by. Get on your stomach with a flashlight and put the flashlight on the ground and let the beam span across the entire surface and look for it. If you have kids, interigate them. Check everyone's fingers and pockets. It could be like when you're looking all over for your pencil and you realize it's in your left hand. :)

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HA HA HA :D :D :D That's very unique Bergie, cracked me up good!

Grease up your pinpointer and well..........you know! ;D

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

BUMMER. i hope it turns up.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

You might also sweep the floor with a yardstick. It'll reach under a lot of stoves, refrigerators, etc. It will also tend to make a little noise when it makes good contact.

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
Re: UPDATE/FOUND--not fun search for wife's ring

try dowsing for it

what the heck can't hurt ???

run the MD over the poop

Joe

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Glad you found it. ;D

I lost mine years ago (before owning MD), in an area (4 acres) that was being cleared of brush by goats. I was very upset, I do not wear my rings around the farm, but that particular day we had company, gone out to eat and then came back & just walked around the area. I was so upset and emotional that hubby said he would buy me another...or I can look in goat poop the next day. Needless to say, I went out that night with a flashlight and found it.

;) RR

madfranks

May 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero

Let's just put it this way... If you found it in the #2, you'd be #1 with your wife! ;)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

glad to hear it! ;)

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

B said:
Bergie, put the detector in all metal and scan the dogs & the cats. ;) Be sure to scan the litter box for little treasures. LOL Sorry to hear, hope it shows soon.
Yeah.Right. I'd scan there too, but, I ain't diggin it up. Just mark it with a little flag or something for later retrieval.....

Laater...

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)

Night Stalker said:
HA HA HA :D :D :D That's very unique Bergie, cracked me up good!

Grease up your pinpointer and well..........you know! ;D

FALLING DOWN LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the great laugh!
~Nash~

sixguns

Oct 19, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D............. I about peeded myself..... Good luck to ya Bergie

Tourezrick

Nov 2, 2006
South Side of Chicago (the baddest part of town)
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

If the cat scarfed it up, maybe it will yag it up like a hairball, cause I wouldn't count on it coming out the other end. Could be a great write-in for 'Cat Fancy'! If the dog scarfed it up, you may become famous in the neighborhood as the official Dog Poop Treasure Hunter, a title I could take um . . . . a pass on. Maybe a good write-in for "Dirty Jobs" on the Discovery Channel, so we can watch for you there. Hope it turns up, er . . . out.

Tourezrick

smack - just p-slapped myself for making lite of someone else's misfortune

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread