Welcome to your freindly neighborhood park! LOL

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi everyone, Red here, hope you all had a safe and good weekend, with lots of great finds! We had a chance to get out yesterday afternoon, so we decided to head to the "penny park" as it is where we find the most pennies, Chug calls it penny hell. We got to the park, and headed to a back area we know is ripe with clad, pennies. :laughing7: About 2 to 3 minutes in, we hear a huge fight! There is an apt complex across from where we were at, the man and woman involved were both drunk as hell, yelling vulgar words to each other, and just as we were both reaching for our phones, he kicked her out and went back in with his freinds.
She sits at a picnic table, still cussing and ranting away, then she walks around trying to bug people, all the while ranting away about her "husband" and what a bad a$$ he was. Ok. :icon_scratch: Finally she left, dropping things as she is going, and soon the park is quiet again.
We continue finding pennies, LOL and net thing you know, we both hear a kid yelling excitedly "I found money!" to his grandparents while running towards them at the playground equipment, where his little sister was playing. All we could think was "Fudge!" and how much did he find. After watching a few minutes, I slowly worked my way over to where he was, and soon had found what the boy had found......play money! Darn! Oh well, maybe he'll get the fever later? ??? LOL
Chug added to his collection of pretties, yep, he found another ring! P112412_1552.jpg
hello2.gif
DSCF1267.JPG It's cute, and junk, but that's ok, we are getting quite the collection, may need to count all of them one of these days, what do you think? DSCF1280.JPG there are some good ones here, but mostly junk, and we still have more scattered around the house.
laughing7.gif

My finds for yesterday are, DSCF1269.JPG DSCF1261.JPG yeppers, I found a ring too!
hello2.gif
We love it when that happens!
Today was clear, and cold, and no rain!
hello2.gif
After it warmed up a bit, we hit one park we hadn't been to for awhile. It was beautiful, there were alot of people fishing, so we pretty much had the grass areas to ourselves, plus the tot lot too! P112512_1232[01].jpg P112512_1232.jpg P112512_1233.jpg We didn't do so well, lots of garbage, and high iron areas big time. I managed to find this, DSCF1270.JPG and Chug found this little beauty, DSCF1263.JPG DSCF1266.JPG :hello2:, since things were so slow, we decided to try the penny park on the way home. It was quiet at first, then next thing you know, the woman from yesterday was back!:BangHead::BangHead: She came over and tried talking to us, we both walked away and ignored her, all the while she is talking about people burying things in the park, big things, then she's talking about how her "husband" can kill all kinds of people, thank goodness she left after a few minutes, to go sit on top of the slide, talking to herself. :icon_scratch: Or maybe her husband?
I added to our silverware collection, DSCF1286.JPG LOL, funny story behind this. The first year I started going out with Chug, we were at a park one day, and Chug gets a good signal, well, we didn't notice a large russian woman and about 8 kids following us, Chug bends over and finds a spoon. Next thing you know, the woman's hand shot out and she grabbed the spoon from Chug's hand, all the while saying "That my poon! That my poon!" Darn she was fast, so ever since then, when we find spoons, we always say that! :laughing7:
We had fun at the second park, until we both got bad feelings, and decided to leave. You see, there were 2 transients sitting on a bench while drinking, and watching us. Soon a young man showed up on his bike, which he parked OUTSIDE of the park, which raised both our suspicions. He walked over to the 2 men, and they did a drug deal, then watched us, very closely. Soon we saw 5 or 6 big guys, and they were motioned over to the first three, guy with bike points to us, and you can just see what they are thinking, I llok at Chug, and we both said "Time to go", one guy had his hand in his pocket, I have a bad feeling he was carrying, we turned off our machines, and kept walking, fast to our truck. It will be awhile before we do this park again.
We ended our weekend, thankful to be safe, alive, together, and we still have our equipment. So just a gentle reminder, and for the newbies, always be aware of your suroundings, and be prepared, we got lucky this time. I hope you all have a safe and good week, take care, and HH! Red:hello:

Upvote 7
OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And now what red did not see!!! the guy that went up to the two homless guys was Passing the the Drugs then a few minutes later he starts yelling to several of His Hommies across the park!!! They start over and while they are comming over i see the Hand signals flashing between the 2 Groups, sAID TO RED iS TIME tO GET bEFRE IF IFNISHES SHE sAID THE hELL OUT oF hERE!!!! lol cHUG

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When hunting with a Partner Always Know what Is going on around You!!!! HH Chug

DonDon

Apr 16, 2012
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome story , Red. I was almost at the edge of my seat. the necklace piece and the pin? are very cool. Good Job! Great set of rings, too.
Sounds like mine mostly junk but, a couple goodies. Nice to hear this stuff this time of year when I'm in MN. freezing and waiting for the spring thaw. LOL
Best wishes to you and yours this holiday season.
Bob

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a good fun post. Be safe out there in those parks. I would rather come upon a moonshine still then deal with the new generation and their drug deals. One day I am going to try a park. Great finds looks like a fun collection and many hours of smile.
HH
TnMtns

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
glad you are safe, maybe time for ccw , , happy huntinn

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
omg, stay out of that park! Glad you had a good time this weekend despite the drunks & druggies. Even in numbers, there's no safety if the creeps have weapons. Have lots of fun and stay safe! You are two of my favorites on this site! HH Andi

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Usually why I keep my digger openly on my hip. Looks like a huge knife from a distance so keeps people off me somewhat.

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's why I want my concealed carry permit. I also carry a variety of knives and a small heavy spade... it does help that I grew up in a somewhat bad area myself, though.

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Garrett Pro pointer
Minelab X-Terra 305 Garrett pro pointer(Fake one got ripped off!)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kinda funny that you mentioned carrying a knife, spade, and digger. I have those also. I detect with headphones on and seen something out the corner of my eye, my spade was off my belthook so fast I almost lost my balance when I swung it around in a 360 deg arch. I knocked the crap out of my own shadow :laughing9: scared me to death! Thought someone was walking up behind me. So I only wear one earphone on when detection, and do a 360 look around while detecting. Be Safe And HH

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
omg, stay out of that park! Glad you had a good time this weekend despite the drunks & druggies. Even in numbers, there's no safety if the creeps have weapons. Have lots of fun and stay safe! You are two of my favorites on this site! HH Andi

we are always careful, one thing we do is detect while facing each other, so we have each others backs, we also look around before we dig to see who might be around. It also helps that I have great hearing!:thumbsup: That's why we left, all the men were wearing red bandanas, long white shirts and baggy pants. When you see that many people, it's time to go. Thank you so much, I have fun writing my posts. Red

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats why we always hunt as a group!

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was the one that Got reds Attention and Said Lets Go Now!!!! I told her the rest after we go into the Truck!!!! The Unwritten rule If either on of us Has A Bad feeling about Where We are Detecting We move On !!!! HH Chug

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Garrett Pro pointer
Minelab X-Terra 305 Garrett pro pointer(Fake one got ripped off!)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's the safest way to be. I don't know whats wrong with the youth today. When i was a kid we used to stay gone all day and never bothered anybody or was bothered. sad world we live in today:sadsmiley: Be safe..HH

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We are just glad we watch all around us, always be aware of your surroundings and any people. People are so unpredictable and rash now days. You can never assume things will be ok, or people are ok, that will just bring you trouble. In the meantime, we will not stop detecting, we will be even more careful, and we will avoid the penny park, that was scary! Red

xtrmdigger

Oct 28, 2012
Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Garrett AT PRO
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett GTI 2500
TESORO SAND SHARK
FISHER PULSE 8X
I had to have popcorn to finish reading that post! Its a miracle you made it! That's why I carry a BFG and hope someone tries to snatch my pulltabs and can slaw!

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chug and red, sounds like an eventful trip, I agree with kam50, it was so much better when we were kids, and I hate having to "carry"!

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red glad to hear all ended good for you two, Thats one reason I carry a Marine Corps fighting knife on my side to help dig and cut through roots, And a 9mm Glock for my personal defense, The world is going to the dogs and you have to always have to be aware of your surroundings and the people inside that zone around you. As my Grand Dad said The best defense is a Damn good Offence, The old man was Smart!................................HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread