Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"MDING OUTSIDE A 1850"S CHINESE GRAVEYARD AT 6AM"

Hi everyone,Sunday here and it"s going to be 103 degrees.So i got up with the birds and went to the local chinese graveyard and mded the old campsites over the road from the graveyard.Gee seems i don,t have to give all a history lesson as in one of the pics is a sign with everything written on it. ;D ;D ;D
There"s about 5 pic of area and finds.Thanks for loooooooking ;D ;D ;D

tinpan

Attachments

• IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,084
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,091
Upvote 0

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "MDING OUTSIDE A 1850"S CHINESE GRAVEYARD AT 6AM"

Nice finds from across the road from the cemetary. With many of the Chinese graveyards here in Australia there is not a body in them as when their family could afford it they dug up the bodies and shipped them back to China.

It has been hot here for the last week until today. Not sure how hot it was where Tinpan was but it was 97F yesterday 63F today.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW! 103 degrees!!!!

From reading a few of your posts, it seem the laws on metal detecting are a bit more relaxed over their as opposed to the U.S.A. Those are some nice digs (as usual). Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing those pictures....really nice....looks like beautiful country.

Happy Hunting / Night Stalker

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Night Stalker said:
WOW! 103 degrees!!!!

From reading a few of your posts, it seem the laws on metal detecting are a bit more relaxed over their as opposed to the U.S.A. Those are some nice digs (as usual). Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing those pictures....really nice....looks like beautiful country.

Happy Hunting / Night Stalker

The mding laws here have just as many restrictions and the area i m.ded was a huge field that runs down to the creek ,i was 100 metres from the graveyard.The chinese familes of the dead chinese come here every year to see the graveyard.This graveyard has another sad story.Couple of thousand children under 10 buried here too.The road is the boundry as far as the law goes the rest is open to anyone but everyone else here is only after gold.i pick these sites as no-one else is interested.
If you got plenty of time and money you can find gold round here.thanks for all the replies. t.p

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Way to go Buddy! I like the look of those coins! :) Keep it up!

S

stefen

What you found is appropriate for a Chinese community...even the iron which is probably from a chinese laundry...

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Full Time RVer based in TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tinpan said:
.....going to be 103 degrees...............tinpan

I 'd forgotten how hot it gets out where you are (now being in Oklahoma) and the pics remind me of 'home'...my family lives near Hamilton (Nth Byaduk)....good finds!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ho Boy Aussie...just wait until next summer. It will get up to 103 here too! And the humidity will be about 90%! Just in case you haven't spent a summer here yet. :o Monty

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other

Cool finds there Tinpan O'l boy.Outside of the Graveyard gave up the ghost ! so to speak ;D

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Full Time RVer based in TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Monty said:
Ho Boy Aussie...just wait until next summer. It will get up to 103 here too! And the humidity will be about 90%! Just in case you haven't spent a summer here yet. :o Monty

Hey Monty,

This is actually my 7th summer in OK, what I was referring to was that from where I came from in Oz (Frankston) it doesn't get over 100 that often.
The pics sure made me homesick.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions