Does it count if one finds without a detector?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMGA2141.JPG
    IMGA2141.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMGA2145.JPG
    IMGA2145.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 4

Bunker

Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!
Thanks for posting.
Bunker

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's nice. Can't believe you found that in change. What luck. Yeah I say is slipped out of a collection somewhere. Sticky finders. there loss, your gain. That's older than my oldest MD find. 1917 Merc. My oldest Wheatie is 1943 so beat I couldn't even photo it. Great find.

Mason Jarr

Nov 23, 2012
Southwest Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab E-trac
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd count it. I was visiting in Oregon last year and saw an odd penny I got in change when I bought a soda. I thought it was Canadian and didn't think much else about it until I got home. I always go through my pocket change before I put the coins into tubes for sorting and rolling. I saw the odd penny again and it turned out to be an Indian. It was in very good condition so I'm thinking some kid took it from Dad's collection. I have gotten some wheaties in change on more than one occasion, but that was the first IH for me. Nice find for you, also.

gabeman3000

Nov 20, 2012
Found a 1909 in a box of pennies once. V.D.B. on the back like yours. There was also a little letter under the date? Idk. Some guy offered me $50 for it so I sold it. :D kidding of course. I'm not that dumb. But I really did find an '09 VDB in a box my greatest CRH find yet.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cooool ! where is the S ? :tongue3:

hey a Find is a Find, as long as you can take it home with you, (& she doesn't charge a fee) it works as a find :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

tesorobandit

May 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
tesoro vaquero, bandidoII Umax, garrett 250, ETG ( eyes to the ground)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck yeah! Treasure is where you find it!
I posted a pic of a 1955 penny I pulled out to scratch a lottery ticket. Sometimes the treasure is out there and you just have to spot it.

WVARelics

Jun 21, 2012
Winchester, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd count it too. Pulled a tree stump out of the ground a few months ago and my father-in-law came by to take it to the dump but decided to knock the clumps of dirt off the bottom so it would be easier for him to pick up. He knew I ran my detector in the hole after I got the stump out and didn't find anything so he checked the clumps. Unbelievable find: CW Eagle I button! Luckiest man I have ever known. And Yes I'm counting it as found but with the story that I didn't find it. lol

Zebco

Sep 11, 2012
Eastern,N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2-SE---Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During these hard times a lot of the old wheats are coming out.The other day I looked in the change drawer at a store and it was full of wheats,bought them all app. 100 of them.Everybody needs to check all the change they get,even a few silvers popping up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread