Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LAST UPDATE:

I tried my best, but the patient expired. :( (see last 2 pics below)
Some are just too far gone. At least we can see what she was at one time. :dontknow:

Win some, lose some. :dontknow: :)

As you can see from the new pics below, some clean up well, some, well, just lost to history. No complaints, just the way it works.
At least most of them came out very well. The odd one, well, I'll go a couple more rounds but, I doubt I'll be able to bring that one back. Too far gone.

Thanks for peeking.

HH!

This was only the 2nd hunt on the new spot. I just wandered about in the 1st one to figure out the lay of the land. There has been some disturbing of the ground in certain sections. Some, are very original. One spot has trees that easily go back 200 years!

I spent most of the day in obvious high traffic areas. A LOT of iron and stuff there though. Just a couple new pennies & a couple artifacts. But, then, I found a bit of original ground and the remnants of a gate. This ground is near some of the older trees. The soil is black with a bit of sand mixed. Follow along and I'll go through the finds.

IMGA2147.JPG

First, this thing that I thought was a ring. But, it says F180 Q-PEX.

IMGA2148.JPG

An old lock.

IMGA2149.JPG
I thought this was just a girl scouts thingy but the back shows, a button loop???
IMGA2152.JPG

IMGA2151.JPG
A sight leveler?

IMGA2154.JPG IMGA2153.JPG
Buckle. LOL No clue how old but it was entangled in some roots.

IMGA2157.JPG IMGA2158.JPG
This thing is very familiar to me but I can't exactly remember. It appears to be solid brass, non-magnetic and weighs about 3 ounces. The corrosion is kind of strange too. Some green starting but the rest seems almost polished. :dontknow:

IMGA2165.JPG IMGA2164.JPG
Neat little row of tiny buttons.

IMGA2166.JPG
This was the only one I could read something.

IMGA2155.JPG
This was a favorite find. It looked like just another clod of dirt.
Once I knocked some of the dirt away, this wonderful metal toy took shape.
I remember marveling at it and saying wow, I wish I could've seen you when you were new.
It wasn't but a few minutes later that the following one came to light. I recognized the shape and just put it
away in my special pouch for careful cleaning later on.

IMGA2156.JPG

My oh my! Did he ever clean up! This is now my centerpiece for the toys I've found. I'm not sure what the metal is, but it looks like a WW1 soldier to me.

IMGA2159.JPG
And then, there were the coins. The 2 on top are wheaties, below are Indian Head cents.

IMGA2161.JPG IMGA2160.JPG
Nice, but why did I find them special? Because they were for all intents and purpose, right on top!!! Literally! Just an inch or so!
I think this tells me that the soil has never seen a coil before and shows great promise!

IMGA2146.JPG

There is one Indian Head that didn't make the show, I forgot he was in his bath already when I was taking pictures. But, I'll be updating later after they've all had a bit of bathing and cleaning. Sorry, but all good things in their time. Takes a while to clean properly.

Oh and by the way, the disk at the top right? It was buried about 9 inches in this original ground! I'm a bit confused but it looks like a dish from a child's set. No markings though. The disk on the left looks like it was a lid to something. Maybe a gas can? But, that was found in the newer section.

Thanks for peeking!

HH!

Attachments

• IMGA2167.JPG
    IMGA2167.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMGA2168.JPG
    IMGA2168.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMGA2169.JPG
    IMGA2169.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMGA2170.JPG
    IMGA2170.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMGA2171.JPG
    IMGA2171.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 67
  • IMGA2172.JPG
    IMGA2172.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMGA2173.JPG
    IMGA2173.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMGA2174.JPG
    IMGA2174.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 71
  • IMGA2175.JPG
    IMGA2175.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMGA2176.JPG
    IMGA2176.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMGA2177.JPG
    IMGA2177.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMGA2178.JPG
    IMGA2178.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMGA2179.JPG
    IMGA2179.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMGA2180.JPG
    IMGA2180.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Upvote 5

bblaha

Jul 25, 2012
WHADIFIND said:
Well, first of all you need to start with a coin that will lend itself to a bit of help. If you ever intend to sell them, don't even try to clean. But, if it's just for yourself. Then, it sort of depends on the type of corrosion. Ones that have that thick green patina, I use a soak in olive oil, then soap, then maybe, a bit of flicking the loosened dirt off with a wooden toothpick. It's tedious and slow but it can help quite a bit in some cases. Whatever you do, go very slowly and easy. The time taken will usually be worth the effort.

Enjoy!

HH!

Thanks, I'll give it a try

ohiowhiteguy

Oct 11, 2012
clermont county ohio
Detector(s) used
coin master pro,,,Garrett at pro,,, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds for sure...the round brass thing that is 2 pieces is a grommet tool used to crimp a grommet on material...
again nice finds...HH
OWG...

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome finds you have been killing it lately congrats

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome finds you have been killing it lately congrats

Yeah, the run has been a good one. But, one always seems to have to go through a drought to get to one. :)

Thanks!

HH!

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
The Clover thing looks British or Irish, you can see the emblems of Scotland (Thistle), England (Rose) and Ireland (Clover)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread