FINALLY - I made it to the 1800 club. So psyched!!!

bethisa2j

Sep 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay.....I have been whining and whining about not finding an IHP, an SLQ, or any 1800 coin for months now. Well...I finally joined the 1800 club!! We got permission from a private residence of an early 1900's home. I joined Rob after he had been there because he had discovered a wheat penny and a couple of silver Roosevelts. He texted me to get my rear in gear...I was trying to sleep in a little. So, I got up and quickly got my stuff together and met him at the house. Within 3 minutes of detecting, I got a pretty strong 12:44 to 12:46 signal about 5" deep. "Bam!" or as Rob usually says "Booyah!" - an 1885 seated dime. I kept looking at it over and over to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me because second number was definitely an 8. I am so happy was jumping up and down. I love first finds and thanks for letting me share my happines with people who actually "get it"!! lol. We found 4 silver dimes there. We will definitely be going back there had to cut the hunt short. Happy Hunting everyone!!! Here are some pics!! :icon_sunny:

silver dimes.jpg seated front.jpg seated back.jpg

Upvote 9

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!!!..Thats Awesome!..>Im still waiting on a Seated myself....Ive only found 2 coins from the 1800's..Both were Barbers..CONGRATS!!

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Looks like they're in great shape. Got any shots outside the cases?

OP
OP
bethisa2j

bethisa2j

Sep 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No...I should have taken a picture before I put it into the case. Next time... I guess. As soon as I got home, I cleaned it up with warm soapy water and then some baking soda. She is in pretty nice shape but pretty worn on the back - it's relatively smooth feeling. Still on a high. lol

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy Dancing for you in White Plains, New York - Congratulations!! :occasion14:

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congratulations! Those seateds are exciting to find. HH

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds....I "found" a seated quarter once...well, I actually got it back as change when I paid with cash from a small restaurant back in my hometown when I was 16 yrs old....I still have it....and I use it as my Avatar...still waiting to dig one up...I think the feeling will be quite different when I do....lol........Congrats again on the find.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You made it into the 1800s club in a big way with that Seated Dime. Congratulations!
Nick

reednc

May 23, 2012
Columbus, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations! I'm still trying to get into the 1800's.

JimmeyC

Oct 15, 2012
N. Tonawanda, Amherst, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug, Garrett Ultra GTA 1000, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Bethsia! My first was a classic large cent. Still looking for a seated! WHOOOO-HOOO!!!

TiBorn

Nov 16, 2011
Ticonderoga
Detector(s) used
Kellyco Predator II, Bounty Hunter Quickdraw 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a time when I was finding stuff from the 1800's everyday. I haven't found one in a while but I am a member of the 1600 club and the 1700 club as well. I hope I renew my membership to one of these clubs soon.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
There was a time when I was finding stuff from the 1800's everyday. I haven't found one in a while but I am a member of the 1600 club and the 1700 club as well. I hope I renew my membership to one of these clubs soon.

The 1500 club is a little more difficult this side of the pond. I'm working on it. 1695 is my oldest legible date (William III Farthing)

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
what a way to break into the 1800's!! I've been at this over 5 years and haven't found a seated coin yet. congrats!!

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
what a way to break into the 1800's!! I've been at this over 5 years and haven't found a seated coin yet. congrats!!

It's funny. Some people find bunches of them. I haven't found one. I skipped right over the Seated and landed a Draped Bust dime and several Spanish silvers, and a Queen Victoria Shilling, but not one worn out Seated. They're there. We just need to get our coils over them:icon_scratch:

xtrmdigger

Oct 28, 2012
Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Garrett AT PRO
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett GTI 2500
TESORO SAND SHARK
FISHER PULSE 8X
Awesome job still waiting on mine

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going , I haven't found 1800's silver yet - only a nickel - shield nickel 1868 - How exciting -go get some more ! Argentium.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job there Beth! You may want to put your coins in the two piece plastic holders as you can take them apart and you don't need to use staples. They cost a little more but they are great visially. Congrats on your Seated Dime!!! They are not easy to come by!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that the hurdle has been cleared, don't be surprised if you start finding more.

Congrats!

HH!

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on your 1800 club I made it about 3 months ago with one it feels awsome doesn't it, you get hooked even more when silver and gold is found. You cannot seem to get enough of detecting...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread