Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had a metal detector of my own now for about 2 years now,but I seem to find coins evrywhere.Brought a friend over from work & showed him my found coin collection,for 2 years now total about $110,mostly quarters,dimes & nickles & about $10 in pennies.He was very impressed,he told me that he has an Ace 250 but can't seem to fine more than a $1 in coins .I told him that I find alot of coins in the reject slot of the Coinstar machine in my store,also thru drive thru's at resturants,pharmacy's and of course in parking lots and self checkouts in grocery stores.
I belive he was impressed,and I told him that at times it's a sickness :laughing7:. I showed him this web site & told him to watch videos on his MD on this site & Youtube,I my self am looking forward for a new Tesoro Cibola very soon:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 1

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before I got hooked on gold prospecting, I went through a period where I looked for coins under vending machines of all types; slot machines; the grass next to
parking meters; and old coins along the Truckee river in Reno when high spring flood waters receded. I was relatively successful, including a Carson City
1882 five dollar gold piece and a heavy gold pocket watch. Since I started prospecting, have found at least five small gold nuggets just "eyeballin" the
cracks in streamside bedrock. I owned a MD years ago, but didn't have the patience to swing it all day. A good set of eyes is a marvelous machine:laughing7:

Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Out there on the Nevada desert and along the Carson River I found more stuff eyeballing it than I did under ground. At the time I had a BFO machine and blamed it for not working all that well. But the detector had me out there looking, and that's what counted, being out there going over the ground. Found some neat stuff on the desert. Donated a bunch of it to the museum at Fort Churchill, and it disappeared. They either didn't think it was worth while to show, or liked it so well the guy took it home with him. I still have about half of my finds from there though.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a local 7-11 where the west wind blows paper money into the shaggy grass lot next door. Check it at least once a month and have almost always found a bill or two. One five was my biggest. Maybe 25 one's over the years. I'm always poking my fingers into newspaper slots, and coin star machines. Still amazed at the coinage I find there. It never ends. A week or so ago I used the self check out machine at my local grocery store. Yep, in the return coin little tray was 70 odd cents in change. I also hit the drive-thru's at McDonald once in a while. Road slopes away from the drive thru window, coins pile up on the downside curb. I love lazy people. It all adds up. Not to proud to stoop.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never stop searching the ground for coins, jewelry, etc., even when I'm not metal detecting. My wife thinks that it's some sort of personality disorder. :laughing7:
Nick

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a Great Trick!!!! Watch the Weather!!! Windy days are the Best!!! Just think about that Drunk Guy walking out of the Bar/ restaraunt!!!! Putting his Hand In his pocket and Pulling out his Keys as the Bills Are flying All Over the Place!!! now Just Hunt Down wind of the Front Or Side Door!!! Best Ever Was 700.00 just Out side My Front Door!!! HH And Good Luck Chug

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find my eyes have been trained the past 10 years metal detecting to look beyond the general populations "Depth of Field". I can find coins and all sorts of neat items laying right on top of the ground others just don't see. I found a wheatie at a construction site a few years ago right on top of the dirt. My buddy I was with couldn't see it at all until I pointed it out to him.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
So far this year, I have found 2 gold earings, 2 gold rings, and 1 15g 14k gold bracelet with my eyes. Thank you iLasik surgery :) Granted I found most of these while metal detecting, I spotted them before my coil did. I must have found close to $50 in loose change and bills as well, but nothin' glimmers like gold.

OP
OP
Produce Guy

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just thought of another place,that I've had good luck.People who set out stuff at the curb from garage sales that don't sell,came across about 20 wheaties,in a box of old toys cars,mostly plastic ones,that were missing a wheel or an axelThe lady who put it there told me that the coins must have been from some other country?,because they didn't look like the shinny pennies from today:dontknow:.I told her maybe their from Mexico,but not to worry about them:laughing9: ,that I'd take care of them.
The 20 wheats were from 1925-1940,most in good shape,all dates readable.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
The other day I found four $20 bills. I was ecstatic until my wife took them back and told me to stay the #^&% out of her purse.

Turns out it was the same four $20 bills I left in my pants that subsequently made it through the washer which she eventually found in the dryer. She said something about once the money had been laundered I had no further legal claim to it.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
G.I.B. said:
The other day I found four $20 bills. I was ecstatic until my wife took them back and told me to stay the #^&% out of her purse.

Turns out it was the same four $20 bills I left in my pants that subsequently made it through the washer which she eventually found in the dryer. She said something about once the money had been laundered I had no further legal claim to it.

Your wife would be right( coilygirl raises her hand guiltily) Found money is sort of like lost socks,washing machines are like vortexes.

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Garrett Pro pointer
Minelab X-Terra 305 Garrett pro pointer(Fake one got ripped off!)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i had a similar find above ground when I was in my late teens. There was a bar on the corner and a rubber company which had a loading dock for the trucks across the street from the bar. I went to the store for my dad and used the parking lot as a short cut. While walking I seen some green colored paper laying against the wall of the dock. Went over and there was a $10.00 bill. Looked along the wall of the dock the length of the building was paper money!! i ended up finding $180.00 total that a drunk from the bar must have dropped when he was getting into his car across the street. Was a sweet day indeed!!

milk86

Jun 6, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
I had found a 100.00 bill right outside my truck one morning about 2 months ago. Then too the truck to be worked on had it towed ( paid for by the 100 found ) and while I was making sure truck made it fine to the repair place found another 10.00 spot Oh the luck 110.00 in a matter of two days!! ( granted not the 700 Chug found but close enough for me )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread