wisconsin button to go with my wisconsin badge!

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last week I posted a picture of a wisconsin veterans badge. This past Sunday I went back to the same spot and found a perfect companion, a Wisconsin cuff button!!:headbang: The 36th Wisconsin regiment was active in this area of Cold Harbor and a memorial was placed in the vicinity. I went by and included some pictures of the monument. Very eerie to think that this button and badge belonged to one of the soldiers listed on this memorial. I will be back next weekend to this spot and hope to pull out something half as good! Thanks for looking! wisc stuff.png

wiscbuttface.png wiscbuttback.png wiscmem2.png wiscmem.png

Last edited:
Upvote 3

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's cool!! Very nice button. I wish i could dig a Tennessee button to go with the TENN PIN-LOL. WTG, Quindy.

dsinsc

Nov 29, 2011
The Low Country
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelabs Fisher F-75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Wisconsin digs! I've seen the badge before, they made them for several states and if I remember right, those were sold to soldiers by the camp suttler therefore making it a period item, not a veteran piece. I'll try to find the info on it if I can.... Check out this link if you haven't already seen it...... 33rd Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry Message Board - The "WIS." pin. I see now there is debate about these, hope I don't stir up a hornets nest :)

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice! Very cool that you found a match.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread