well saturdays find actually * a wedding band lost in a horse stall -- $100 thank you

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
my nephew was visiting from cocoa beach --his mom was at the local horse show here in jax fri / sat --he rode up with the mom and a female freind of the moms that we showing their horses --but he wanted to hang out and go to the local fri night turkey shoot with uncle ivan ,I got my band of turkey shoot trainee's together --my nephews --TC and jeffery and a young freind of the family ishmal -- of the 9 shoots we took part in we won 6 of the 9 shoots --4 out of 10 targets = 40% of the targets but 6 out of 9 is 66 % win rate --a good 26 % better than the random 40% target "adverage" ( if one buys 4 targets per shoot and does 10 rounds - 4 wins would be a normal win rate - we got 2 extras or 150% of the normal rate much better than adverage)

my nephew crashed at my place overnight and the following day we had a few hours to spare the next day before he was to rejoin his mom and go home , so we decided to metal detect a local spot before returning back to the horse show place -- we found a few things but nothing great

upon returning him to the horse show however --his mom said --oh you got your detector with you great --the guy parked next to us lost his wedding ring in the horse stall two days ago * -- she went and got the man ( he had a huge fancy clearly very costly motorhome attached to his horse trailer - clearly a well off man) --he and his wife we just getting ready to leave * two days earlier he was throwing hay into the stall for his horse and his wedding ring flew off into the stall which was full of wood shavings --both he and his wife had scoured the stall on hands and knees for 2 hours to no avail before giving up and putting their horse in -- the man said --I didn't know those things could detect gold , I said yes they can but they often detect it in the nickel to pull tab range--it takes a bit of time and skil to get god with em ( was using my ace 250 with a 8 x 5 dd coil ) it was rough going at first --the metal side walls made it tough --but then I had a ideal --told my nephew to pull the shavings into the center of the stall away from the walls to lessen their impact -- by doing that within 5 min I found it -- --the man gave me 5 - 20's (100) reward for finding it -- which I split with my 17 year old nephew (hehad broke his phone last week so it came in very handy for him ) --my $50 I gave to the church this sunday to help a needy family get food for their christmas dinner.

Upvote 5

leaker

Nov 8, 2012
Jefferson city mo
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
living life on life terms giving to others.a great day got you. Don't drink and drive you might spill your drink

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and good shooting Ivan. Made sense to rake that stall away from the sides. Nice recovery. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions