Best Christmas gift Ive given

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350
Best Christmas gift I've given

Well last Christmas I bought my pop a garrett ace 350, We haven't seen him since! we get the occasional I found this today phone call and the inevitable well if you were with me...... He has been on a roll all year finding silver coins, silver rings, a few gold rings, wheaties and such. He hasn't broken the 1900 barrier til this past week. An 1893 indian head. He being the patient type waits a whole 2 days to break the 1800 barrier. He tells me " I just walked onto the trail, starting swinging and got a deep hit. Start digging and out pops Mr georgivus rex II himself" now my response was r rated (joyful) but r rated. A very pocket worn but easily identifiable brittania half penny. Looks like 1755. My dad is going on 76 and sounded like a kid. Best Christmas present I have ever given. Will work on getting pics. Happy Holidays to all!

Upvote 9

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go Pops Go!!! HH Chug

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well last Christmas I bought my pop a garrett ace 350, We haven't seen him since! we get the occasional I found this today phone call and the inevitable well if you were with me...... He has been on a roll all year finding silver coins, silver rings, a few gold rings, wheaties and such. He hasn't broken the 1900 barrier til this past week. An 1893 indian head. He being the patient type waits a whole 2 days to break the 1800 barrier. He tells me " I just walked onto the trail, starting swinging and got a deep hit. Start digging and out pops Mr georgivus rex II himself" now my response was r rated (joyful) but r rated. A very pocket worn but easily identifiable brittania half penny. Looks like 1755. My dad is going on 76 and sounded like a kid. Best Christmas present I have ever given. Will work on getting pics. Happy Holidays to all!

Sweet story to begin day..

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's quite a jump from trying to break into the 1800s to mid. 1700s. It's probably even older than you suspect because there's no 1755. (probably 1735) Even on a worn coin if you compare the bust of the young head (1730s) to the old head (40s & 50s) you'll probably be able to tell which you have.

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Garrett Pro pointer
Minelab X-Terra 305 Garrett pro pointer(Fake one got ripped off!)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's cool that you still have your Dad and he's able to get out and have fun like that. You should go out with him sometime. A way to keep great memories alive. Wish my Dad was still alive, I'd of tried to get him to go. Passed away in 2003 at 83 yrs old, still very active. HH

Digginbingo

Jan 8, 2012
Binghamton, NY
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I started detecting was because of my dad. We have had some good times. Great story and great gift!!

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's truly awesome a gift that keeps on giving WTG

OP
OP
dgaughan

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350
Thank you all! @ Ironpatch thank you for the info I will get another look. It is a pleasure to go detecting with him. most times we do not find alot . The trip is the cake, good finds are the icing!

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice story. My father got me into detecting and we go whenever time allows.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread