Garrett Ace 250 with a 350 coil

joeismad

Dec 7, 2012
I have a chance to get one of these new in trade for some furniture I'm not using. Was told that it has the 350 coil. Is this an improvement over my BH Pioneer 202? What would the retail value be? The 250 is about $250.00 on amazon, but I don't know about the coil.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Upvote 0
OP
OP
joeismad

joeismad

Dec 7, 2012
allen said:
Not trying to be a smart eleck but why not
sell the furniture and buy a new Ace 350.
Good luck with whatever you decide on.

Furniture has been languishing on Craigslist for several months. I thought I might be able to do a swap just to clear out the storage space and get something I needed. I was mainly wondering if the Garrett was really a step up over the BD

OP
OP
joeismad

joeismad

Dec 7, 2012
joeismad said:
Furniture has been languishing on Craigslist for several months. I thought I might be able to do a swap just to clear out the storage space and get something I needed. I was mainly wondering if the Garrett was really a step up over the BH

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
You should be able to find a Ace 250 for $212.50 with most major dealers. It seems to be the most common price. The Ace 350 is usually just under $300. The Ace 350 does have a very nice big DD coil, opposed to the stock Ace 250 coil. From my experience using both machines, the 350 does get more depth, but I do not know if that is due to the coil or due to any difference in the electronics of the units. I've never seen a Ace 250 with a DD coil, but if they are compatible, I imagine its a nice set up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread