Not much but interesting.

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's V3I , Minelab CTX 3030 , Cibola, Deus, ATPro, GPX 5000. 4800, 4500, & 3500.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got a few keepers today. The most interesting thing was a 2' hole I dug. Below the clay line at 2' I found a square nail in some grey soil. I didn't expand the hole because I wanted to talk to the landowner 1st. While filling the hole in I discovered this piece of sawed bone with grey soil on it. The landowner said there was a camp on his property ........
This could be the beginning of something special.

image-2960737186.jpg

Upvote 1

4reale

Jul 29, 2008
Jupiter, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 20
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bone looks like part of a deer's antler, which soldiers sometimes fashioned into chess pieces (as well as mini balls). On the right looks like a half a mini ball, to the left, who knows, and looks like a nice button at the far left. The site should be a treasure trove for artifacts, a few coins if you're really lucky. You're in the heart of Union territory in Maryland, so the whole area is steeped in history. Good luck on the hunt, and never give up - perseverance always pays off.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a few keepers today. The most interesting thing was a 2' hole I dug. Below the clay line at 2' I found a square nail in some grey soil. I didn't expand the hole because I wanted to talk to the landowner 1st. While filling the hole in I discovered this piece of sawed bone with grey soil on it. The landowner said there was a camp on his property ........
This could be the beginning of something special.

It's the interesting things that just keep me coming back for more. :) I can see that yours are talking to you too. I predict you'll be going back, many, many, many times. ;)

Thanks for sharing.

HH!

OP
OP
JDug

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's V3I , Minelab CTX 3030 , Cibola, Deus, ATPro, GPX 5000. 4800, 4500, & 3500.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
4reale said:
Bone looks like part of a deer's antler, which soldiers sometimes fashioned into chess pieces (as well as mini balls). On the right looks like a half a mini ball, to the left, who knows, and looks like a nice button at the far left. The site should be a treasure trove for artifacts, a few coins if you're really lucky. You're in the heart of Union territory in Maryland, so the whole area is steeped in history. Good luck on the hunt, and never give up - perseverance always pays off.

I see the resemblance to a deer antler. I'm very familiar with antlers just not one that's been in the ground for 150 years. I'm starting to lean towards a light rock....

image-413741321.jpg

image-1404937617.jpg

image-3959363826.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread