Help Identifying Antique Wooden Sculptures

mailallday

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone! I just signed up for this great networking site. My father recently gave me some old artifacts he says he found doing construction. He has built golf courses for the past 35 years. I am looking for any information anyone might have about these sculptures. One really catches the eye as it has the male anatomy carved into it.The second is just a carved sculpture of a person, not too detailed but heavy, the third seems to be some sort of carved serving plate. I do not know where else to go to find out any information about these artifacts so any information at all is helpful. Here is a link to a video of the three. Thank you all.

Upvote 0

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first off where are you , they look to be African fertility peices

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will get more replies if you post this in the "What is it" forum. Post still pictures with something in them to indicate size. Any info on locations of the finds will be VERY helpful.

DCMatt

OP
OP
M

mailallday

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Michigan. My dad has been all over the world and said he cannot remember exactly where they were found, maybe Arizona. His story has a lot of holes so I do not believe he even knows where they are from, or he is lying to me about where he got them. Either way I have them in my posession now and would like to find information about them, or to know where I can go to possibly get some information. Thank you guys for all of your help.

OP
OP
M

mailallday

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The size of them are 16" for the serving board, 22" for the heavy piece and 26" for the fertility piece.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that I would take them to a university of musuem And have them checked out that way first...................Merry Christmas..............................HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread