got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The wind was blowing a some snow was to. So what do I do? Go out to look for relics. I was in a spot that I though was good, so the hunt was on. Then my new head set has a bad wire and they are new, then my pro pointer was going nuts the speaker on the XLT was on and off need to have that worked on. So I stop and go home put the backup cored on the head set got my pro going and head back out. I stop just as I was going to go back to the same spot but thought I would go to the far side of the creek. Now I'am hunting My first hit was a 47 ten cent piece it was all good now. The hits after that was 12 ga. lots of them. 1.5 hr. had pasted with no relics and I have to go but just as I was going to shut off I got one more hit and it was a penny. I got home pulled out my goods and saw the penny was an IH 1900. So the day was good now I'am home. Got silver and IH so it's all is good. Just thought we could all have a good lol over this. HH

DSC03936.JPG DSC03937.JPG DSC03940.JPG DSC03942.JPG DSC03944.JPG

Upvote 9

oddrod

Oct 31, 2012
Derby KS
Detector(s) used
Brother Bobs Tesoro Deleon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Overall a great day I would say.

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Been there and done that. I have hunted in 95-degree heat in Florida palmetto woods; I have hunted in 35-degree drizzling rain in No. Florida and Tennessee, by wrapping detector and wearing a poncho; I have hunted beaches in 40-60 mile per hour winds with hurricane approaching In Ohio, I have hunted in the hills, only to exit to find it snowing; and in Ohio I hunted the top of a hill in 26-degree frontal weather with high winds. And last, I hunted in such dry, hot weather in Tennessee and Ohio, that I have to dig with a WW2 army pack pick to penetrate the clay soil. The way I see it, long as there is no lightning or a tornado, there is an opportunity to detect. But always have a backup detector ready. You did good on the finds...

SilverPirate

Dec 23, 2012
Boerne Tx.
Detector(s) used
New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, even with such bad luck with equipment

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad that things straightened out for you. You scored 2 nice coins in the end!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny, ain't it. How all the stress just seems to disappear when we turn up just a dime and a penny. As long as it's the "right" penny and dime. ;)

Glad it turned out well!

HH!

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! I remember my xlt never cooperated with my pinpointer, they would always cause each other to sound off. Keep up the good work!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs!

HH

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G2D, My friend......Your luck sounds a lot like mine.......oh you know that!...........congrats on the Rosie and the IH..........................HH

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
G2D, My friend......Your luck sounds a lot like mine.......oh you know that!...........congrats on the Rosie and the IH..........................HH

Thanks Greg, the day was looking bad but in the end it was all good. We just have to keep going that's all we can do. Looking to get your way soon. Just hang in there we'll see you soon my friend. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread