Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Shanegalang and I went out for a dig again, trying to make it to 20 Spanish Silvers for the year. We did get one step closer, but didn't make it and it looks like we won't at this point unless a miracle happens with the work schedules. It was a great hunt today, and detecting is always the Best therapy regardless of what is found or not found. It would be impossible to complain about such a great year of finds. I don't think I've dug this quantity AND quality ever in a single year, although there were some years back in the 90s that came close. At any rate, we got lots of flat buttons, musketballs, and the usual bits. I made a little video highlighting the better finds of the hunt:

Here are some photos of my good finds for the day. I'll get a photo of the rest up once I get it all cleaned and investigated.

US.JPG

HRobv.JPG

HRrev.JPG

The sunset was beautiful on the way home...

Sunset.JPG

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Last edited:
Upvote 9

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the 1799, a date we didn't have :) and the US pewter is on my bucket list........and you have three from that field?? :) Great cold windy Louisiana day bud! Shane ga lang a lang a lang a lang

Last edited:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds, video, and sunset. You guys get excited over digging artifacts as anyone interested in history should. If digging historic relics like that does not excite you, you need to stay home. See you next week, Q.

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i said it before & i'll say it again...AWESOME FIELD! and some stellar finds as usual!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds! Another beautiful Spanish and you just made the 1700's cut off! I sure hope y'all can get out there one more time a dig up a few more this year! Way to go!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, video, and sunset. You guys get excited over digging artifacts as anyone interested in history should. If digging historic relics like that does not excite you, you need to stay home. See you next week, Q.

Get down here and get ya some. I'm gonna take you on a CW tour down here. Tell Dman he better get ready to dig that Louisiana belt plate. ;)

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am really enjoying the videos and seeing the finds. Look forward to you getting Quindy in some action videos when he comes down and am sure everyone will dress a little more dapper. Great hunt good luck on your goals and have fun.
HH
TnMtns

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always a Great video of some awesome finds ! You guys are ROCKING IT ! in Louisanna !!. Can't wait to see if the Relic Gods let you get Number 20. All we can do is hope! Good Luck Guys

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Congrats on another great hunt Canefield Bandits. :icon_thumleft: You guys have had an awesome year.

19 Spanish. 8-) Among other great finds of course.

I really hope you can get back out there and make it 20 before the New Year.

Good Luck my friend. I'm looking forward to some more great posts in 2013.

Randy

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on another great hunt Canefield Bandits. :icon_thumleft: You guys have had an awesome year.

19 Spanish. 8-) Among other great finds of course.

I really hope you can get back out there and make it 20 before the New Year.

Good Luck my friend. I'm looking forward to some more great posts in 2013.

Randy

Randy,

It's really good to hear from you my friend. Wish I'd been in Bama long enough to settle in with the research and get the finds flowing. Hope all is going well, and I hope you are getting the chance to dig as much as you like. That was such a memorable summer... from heat stroke to chiggers and ticks to confrontations with gun-toting rednecks hopped up on crystal meth. :D

Cheers,

Buck

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
That is one great silver producing site you have there Buck, but that's what you can expect from an early tavern. You should be very proud of your outstanding accomplishments this year, especially with the 19 silvers. That's about what I dug during the 2011-12 season, but only have 2 so far this fall. Guess part of that is spending too much time in the pits ..... LOL! But I think I love digging those early bottle seals more than colonial silver if you can believe that. I'm really pumped up after digging those 2 new ones on Friday. Anyway, I know you hate to wipe the slate clean and start your count over in a couple of days, but I have a feeling you and your buddies will continue to stay hot in 2013. Happy New Year to you guys, and good luck in the cane fields ...... Bill

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
19 BB!!! Boy ol boy, thats one heck of a mark. By the way, do you even need a detector? Findin buttons like that rite on the surface. lol. How you likin your F75, when you have to use it that is? Anyhow great hunt and vid and ready to see what the BANDITS have in store for 2013.. CONGRATS.. HH

TreasurDiggrNY

Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video BB, congrats to you and shanegalang on the finds. Saw some of your other vids from the Tavern site, killer spot8-)

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a very good year ... best team in America ! happy new year ! :icon_thumleft:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys in one year managed to create a museum size collection of artifacts and relics.
Not too shabby.
We in Denver salute you!
Carl

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Really nice finds. Congrats on finding number 19 and I hope you get number 20 before the end of the year. I also enjoyed the video.
Doug

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds,and video! Congrats to you guys.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE JOB !!!----:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread