Thank you global warming!!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
I can't believe that its a week before Christmas and I am still able to metal detect up here in the northern Vermont. Usually I have to put my detector away by the first of December. This year the ground is not at all frozen yet and the weather looks like it will be ok for at least another week.
Anyway, got out yesterday to the old Hops Field in the rain. (not complaining mind you!!) Found two Indian head pennies, 1892 and 18__ (must have been a 77 but can't read it now), four buttons including a very bright silver plated one (thought it was a reale when I first saw it) and a great one with a flower on it. Also a pewter, silver plated shield that was attached to leather at one time. Dug a suspender clasp too. Nothing earth shaking, but it was great to still be able to detect. Thanks for looking...Lance

Attachments

• Metal Detecting Finds 2006 293.jpg
    Metal Detecting Finds 2006 293.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 781
  • Metal Detecting Finds 2006 294.jpg
    Metal Detecting Finds 2006 294.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 784
Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and great pictures. Gotta love those IH's and buttons. I, like you, hope the weather holds. With all the honey do's that we have to do, now that Christmas is coming, it's hard to work in a few days of hunting. Hope we both have a few days of good weather and a few days of metal detecting.

HH<Ringfinder

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds! The weather is indeed unbelievable - I'm not complaining either ;D.

HH (while it lasts)/NS

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lance!!! What!!!! No pictures of you in your santa suit detecting in the snow this year?? ;D

Nice stuff. Those indians look a lot like the ones I dig.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice!

hh

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nice finds and glad you can still dig! I am looking forward to that SantaSuit Pic again also! :)

....and just one more thing to thank global warming for.... ;)

Attachments

• global-warming.jpg
    global-warming.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 704

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nice bunch of finds Lance. :) It is great to be out detecting in the winter. Too bad those IH's are in such bad shape. Buttons are cool. 8)

Bob

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Night Stalker said:
Congrats on the finds! The weather is indeed unbelievable - I'm not complaining either ;D.

HH (while it lasts)/NS
I am (complaining) I dont want 80 degree weather for Christmas. We should at least be able to turn off our air conditioners and open the windows by now. :'( ;)
Nice finds.

popcorn

Jun 18, 2005
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)realy cool finds 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Attachments

• Blue hills.jpg
    Blue hills.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 520
T

TreasureTales

Here in soggy California, detecting is yearround (unless you live in snow country--Sierras, Siskiyous, Cascades) and gets even better after a few rains. You folks in the cold portions of the country (world) will be getting your winter weather yet, just you wait and see. It's nice weather today but nasty weather to come...be prepared. And you heard it from me, first!! LOL I'm not a meteorologist...just pragmatic.

comfyinvermont, nice variety of finds. :)

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Global Warming............ ;D ;D ;D Thats fine with me for now! As long as I can still swing the detector, and have that good old Cook out! I will take it..............Great finds once again Lance! WTG

T

TreasureTales

exanimo redux said:
Nice finds - if the weather ever gets one shut inside it could be a good time to seek info on such stories as the found goat herders(faith healers) cache(CALIFORNIA) or even google found coins, money etc.

Hey, examino redux, are you Jimmy Sierra? Wasn't it Jimmy who found some of those goat herder caches?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread