A few hours and some interesting finds this weekend...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did two hunts this weekend. Finished up a plowed field that has produced well, what a muddy mess and detected a grass field where I have found my oldest silver coins of 1320ish, 1495 and a huge 1675. I have pounded that area and had a good hunt there today again. Here is the field where I have found my oldest coins in the past and several finds today, hard to believe what I missed but, nothing really old. There was a farm/hotel here that supposedly pre dates the original town of 1008 AD and stood here for several hundred years.
17Dec06field.jpg

Some iron relics I found today, they were deep along with everything else. I concentrated on those iffy faint signals as there were not many good signals. I was surprised at what came up from depths of 8”+.
17Dec06iron.jpg

The lead finds. 4 Musket balls and a large clay marble. Found the two slide weights today, they are both 15 gram weights, the steel slide has rusted away on one.
17Dec06lead.jpg

The coins with date side up, 1871, 1900, 1940, 1925, 1938, 1938.
17Dec06coins.jpg

A few relics. The top iron piece looks to be like a broken piece of a dagger or sword as it is beveled on the edges and thick in the middle. An ox shoe nail, a small piece of a probable book hinge, the next piece looks like a carpet stair hanger to retain the carpet on stairs, a rod would have been inserted into the loop. A blue glass bead but, I do not think it is very old but who knows? A cheapo signet finger ring with the owner’s initials of M.P., I will show him the ring when I get all my finds in order and a hollow copper button.
17Dec06relics.jpg

Obverse of some kind of religious item and an old lead seal with vague details.
17Dec06relselO.jpg

Reverse of the religious item and seal. Another good weekend of detecting! HH, Mike
17Dec06relselR.jpg

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal - nice finds!

hh Mike

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Great stuff Mike. I can see why you would have missed stuff - that field is massive. Too bad no old silver coins. Have you found many silver coins in the field? When did they make silver coinage in Germany?

Bob

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, no Great finds. Must give you a warm feeling finding coins like those. Thanks for showing them to us.

HH, Ringfinder

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff as always........Nothing like 1000's of years of history just around the corner! Good luck in your future hunts! :o

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
Hi, Mike, looks likw you had good time, probably it was the last not frozen weekend. That relic which you call "a carpet stair hanger to retain the carpet on stairs" could be part of scissors or similar tool - they are common on the fields here

HH

Sand

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome, love the relics!

HH