Found My Very First Token .... I think Its A Token !!

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE & Garrett Ace 250
Found My Very First Token .... I think It's A Token !!

Well you may remember a couple weeks ago my wife's sister-in-law told me I could bring my friend Garrett (Ace 250) to the b-day party and I found 3 wheaties and some other clad. The other day she called for my wife and we got to talking and she said anytime I could come over, "don't even bother knocking - just do your thing". So I took the day off and did my husbandly duties by going Christmas shopping this morning with my wife and MD'ing this afternoon with my 'friend'!!
I knew that I had plucked must of the coins out of the yard already (small yard), but went over it again anyhow. Found 5 more wheaties, 2 clad quarters in the same hole, a clad dime (1966 - just missed), and a bunch of corroded '83+ pennys.
So I decided to hit the very back where an ally used to be but the property had been bought by the homeowners. I started getting a bunch of noise from buried phone and cable lines there but then there was a noise that was different. It sounded more right than wrong, so I dug it carefully in case it was their phone or cable. Well, needless to say this popped up ..........

........... you experts can tell me, is this a token??? If its not, it is way better than those Chuckie Cheese coins and a lot older too !! :) :)
By the way, my wife's sister-in-law is going to ask her neighbor across the street if I can hunt her yard too! It is a lot bigger and on the St. Joseph River.

Thanks for Looking and Good Luck !!!!

Mark (A.K.A. ivy_walls)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ivy_walls

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used
Re: Found My Very First Token .... I think It's A Token !!

Sorry ....... heres the pic !!

Attachments

• token.jpg
    token.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 423

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice!

HH

T

TreasureTales

ivy_walls you have found a "Good For" token. It's a type of token that promises the bearer to a discount on something or a free something. For example: "Good For a Free 5 cent Cigar" or "Good For a 25 cent Discount" stuff like that. It's one of the most popular (and therefore collectible) types of tokens. Your token is newer, so it may not be particularly valuable, but many token collectors seek Good For tokens for their collections.

Congrats.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on your token. Good luck on the other site. HH

Burdie :)

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

Nice token!

That's the perfect thing to show a home owner when you ask to detect their property. It's a coin but not money.

It's old but not silver. Believe you me. That token will open up many "lawns" for you. ;) HH

Ridley

OP
OP
ivy_walls

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used

Ridley said:
Nice token!

That's the perfect thing to show a home owner when you ask to detect their property. It's a coin but not money.

Ridley

since i am kind of new at all this, why is this the perfect thing to open other lawn for me ????

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

Think of yourself as a property owner. Someone appears on your doorstep and asks to detect your lawn for trinkets.

If they show you a gold ring or a rare old silver coin,( as an example of what they're looking for) you may say to yourself...wow, I'll find that stuff myself. There's
treasure in my yard and that guy wants to take it!

The token is very interesting and has a collectable charm about it. It fires the imagination without setting off gold and silver alarm bells.

I got permission to detect an old yard once and the home owner followed me around the entire time taking every penny, nickel dime (even a spoon) inside the
house as soon as I pulled it out of the hole.
Getting permission is an art form. That token might be a useful tool.

Hope that explains my point better. ;)

Ridley

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice token!!! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread