Went Colonial hunting w/Earthworks...

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
...and all I got was this lousy T-shirt ;D...actually, most of you saw his great post, two rings, a great bell, eagle button, two barber quarters, two Indian head pennies, toy soldier...he hit this pathway between the house and the barn and found most of the stuff there...i did find 1897 Indian head and 1957 quarter i posted that day...he just sent me this photo of one of my other finds that day, and asked me to post, he always does the photographs..this one is a tin I thought was for a condom, but it's "Perfect Skin Food" -- "GeishaCream" -- some type of skin or lip stuff. Was hoping to find a coin inside, but no luck. It was hard to even read, but you can see he shined it up really good. (there was a little stuff caked inside)

Attachments

• perfect.jpg
    perfect.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 351
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Really great find ...Vantine was a prominant businessman in New York and was one of the first to carry oriental goods.About 1866, he came to New York city and with small capital began to import Chinese and Japanese goods, and to introduce the beautiful productions of Asiatic art to the attention of local buyers. He may thus be said to have become for the second time a pioneer, and, as before, in an almost unexplored field .........see
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~cyocom/iashley2.htm

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread