HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bird!! if you ever near Stafford and wanna dig some with me, just PM me. :occasion14:

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Minie Balls!!!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck yea! If I can make it up,I will give ya a shout.

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's V3I , Minelab CTX 3030 , Cibola, Deus, ATPro, GPX 5000. 4800, 4500, & 3500.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I dug some in Stafford Co years ago on private property. Got pistol balls and a "coat' of eagle buttons. That was 20 years ago. Woud love to dig Civil War bullets before I get too blasted old.

OP
OP
HutSiteDigger

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Smokeythecat and 20 years later there is still relics being unearthed .. get on back here to ole Virginia there still waiting for you :icon_queen:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta find a place to go. When I go collecting minerals anymore, since most of the "good" sites are privately owned, I generally just get a guide so I can get in legally and am not by myself, especially if its in the Maine woods (bears). I generally fly to Maine once a year to go to the old quarries, but didn't get there last year. Don't know anybody in VA to buddy up with anymore. I don't like going by myself anymore either. cluck cluck cluck cluck......

OP
OP
HutSiteDigger

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey if you ever want to come down this way and relic hunt/mineral hunt I got plenty of spots to go in around the Fredericksburg area..Mainly Stafford,King George area. Lot of large wood areas..:thumbsup:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might take you up on that. I tip really well (generally in confederate buttons.)

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know what will come out of those Stafford County huts. Some are loaded, some have very little. I think the iron pieces were used as tent pegs. I was at a DIV hunt at Stoneman's Switch and the railroad spike types were all over the place.

OP
OP
HutSiteDigger

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Steve ::) ... I hear about that DIV hunt every-tttttime i go to a relic show around here or hang out at the White Oak Museum and relic hunters will come in there and talk about that DIV hunt all the time.... I seen the photos and video of the hunt, funny thing is I have hunted that area hard-core years back but never was able to dig any huts in that guys field, then I heard people paid $250.00 to do the DIV and over like 300 people came. Then they say over 100 plates were found during the DIV hunt which I can tell you straight up is not true, i'm sure some plates were found there but I have heard of relic hunters saying a few people confessed or were caught in a lie about bringing a plate to the site and acting like they found one. $250.00 plus 300 some people that is some serious cash.. Now I can tell you I found a bunch of union state buttons and a eagle breastplate up on the hill were the 30 some union soldiers were buried when they died of illness in that camp and I can tell you also they didn't move all the bodies from that cemetery to the new cemetery after the war (the one off Butler rd in Stafford by the YMCA and falmouth intersection).

A farmer after the war destroyed all the wooden tombstones in that cemetery because he could not brunt the bare of looking at it on his property, from what I know they only moved 10-15 soldiers from that spot, you can still go up there to this day and see the depressions in the ground where they are buried/moved. I probed the site a few years ago and can tell you there are still some soldiers buried there and of course they buried them without their uniforms on.. If you ever make it down this way Steve hit me up and we can go for a-little tour of Stoneman's Switch again, I got permission to hunt the swamp land on Potomac Run rd. and another part going up towards Leeland Rd, havent hit it up in at least 2 years though but I wouldn't mind going back to that old cemetery. :occasion14:

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice bullets and other relics HutSiteDigger, Id love to have the opportunity to unearth CW finds on a daily basis

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HSD, I was there for DIV IV in the fall of 2005. Back then the DIV's were smaller - there was maybe 100 - 120 people and it cost $200. There had been two DIV's there before the one I went to. There were some plates dug, but only about 20 that I saw. This was the hunt where they uncovered the corderoy road. I dug a nice 1842 Spriingfield Lock and a nice Patent Whiskey bottle along with the usual bullets, buttons, and knapsack hooks. If you would like to see some pics of what was found at Stoneman's switch, go to this link and check the DIV 02, 03, 04, and 06 photo gallaries Welcome to Diggin' In Virginia Image Gallery - Diggin' In Virginia Image Gallery

OP
OP
HutSiteDigger

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice website Steve.. looks like those DIV's do pay off... Do they ever do any DIV's at confederate sites?

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice website Steve.. looks like those DIV's do pay off... Do they ever do any DIV's at confederate sites?

In recent years, the digs have always been in the Culpeper area on sites that had both Union and Confederate camps. I have found a Block A, a script I, and a CS wreath along with lots of ringtails and Gardners. Look at the photo gallary for DIV V to see one of the best hunts with lots of Confederate relics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions