Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: GOLD!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2008
    Maryland
    249 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)

GOLD!!!

So.... My buddy HomeGuardDan invited me down to do a little digging with him and his friend Bill D. (VA). It's been a while since we dug together and for some reason he forgot to tell me to leave my lucky horseshoe at home. I had a great hunt! Ended up with three cut silver coins (circa 1700's) and a really interesting gold cuff link with a huge stone from the same era. The stone doesn't look like the normal glass ones I find, so I have my fingers crossed! The gold coin rounds out the finds. Thanks Dan and Bill, you're both all right in my book. Let me know when my hunt ban is up!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1200022.JPG 
Views:	1617 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	728626   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1200012.JPG 
Views:	1320 
Size:	919.5 KB 
ID:	728627  

us
    Zodiacdiverdave

Mar 2011
    The North Atlantic Ocean
    XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
    1107 times
    Now I am not one to say that every gold coin should be an auto-banner but combined with the other goodies you have once again done it my good man. I say BANNER hunt.
    Well done aquachigger,
    ZDD
    Toby1858 and jcobb like this.
    Living the dream

us
    May 2012
    Dolly Sods, WV
    Ace 250, ATGOLD!! xterra 305
    59 times
    Now that is a great pic! Love the setting of the items. Banner worthy in my opinion.

us
    Mar 2009
    Springfield Mo.
    Whites m6
    40 times
    Impressive. I'd be celebrating a hunt like that!

us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Larson mo jo pro Flippin stick
    3534 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Wow! I am guessing you were on dry land for this hunt. Great finds. I am wondering if they found anything Did you hunt with the AT? Been awhile since I looked at stones but is that not what they called a miners cut? And are you seeing any inclusions or carbon in it with a loop? Nice hunt hope you shot a video.
    HH
    TnMtns

us
    Nov 2011
    Charles Town, WV
    Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
    949 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Great job man! Some more awesome finds to add to your outstanding collection!
    Last edited by matt092079; Jan 20, 2013 at 07:46 PM.
    "Life's a garden. DIG IT!!!" - - Joe Dirt

us
    Jul 2008
    Maryland
    249 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnmountains View Post
    Wow! I am guessing you were on dry land for this hunt. Great finds. I am wondering if they found anything Did you hunt with the AT? Been awhile since I looked at stones but is that not what they called a miners cut? And are you seeing any inclusions or carbon in it with a loop? Nice hunt hope you shot a video.
    HH
    TnMtns
    Thanks... I think that they actually dug more than me judging by their posts here. The stars just seemed to align for me this hunt. I just checked the stone and I don't see any inclusions. Probably not a crown jewel after all . It is in surprisingly good shape for glass though. Most of the ones I find are usual pretty scuffed up and cloudy. Dry land for sure, even a touch of snow on the ground. I used the T2 for this hunt. Dan used the ATG and Bill the F75 I believe. A great time was had by all, especialy myself!
    Tnmountains and hdmech71 like this.

us
    fishstick

Oct 2012
    Indiana
    Fisher F5, T2SE
    313 times
    GOLD-DIAMOND-CUT SILVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where does it end for you CHIG? BTW, when are you openin your MUSEUM? LOL... CONGRATS.. BANNER ALL THE WAY!!! HH

us
    Jul 2011
    Williamsburg, VA
    1059 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Beau,

we had a blast bud! I guess the Bald Eagle was all yours on that day. We always seem to have some goodies when we get together, now I am ready for the next one as we seem to alternate from time to time...wanna join us tomorrow? Serioulsy, as always, good to see and hunt with you, DIV is around the corner and see you then...or earlier.

Dan

us
    Nick

Nov 2012
    Bethel, Connecticut
    Garrett Ace 250 Garrett Pro-Pointer Vibra-Tector 730 Radio Shack Discovery 1000
    420 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Each one of those finds would have made me do the happy dance! What year is the gold coin? I'd love to see a shot of the reverse.
    "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
    Matthew 6:21
    "People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like"
    Abraham Lincoln

us
    Jan 2005
    Panhandle of Florida
    Etrac,Excal II,Cibola with a garret and a minelab pinpointer
    533 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    That makes my mouth water!! Love the Spanish bits but the Gold is fantastic!! Banner vote in.
    God and country.

us
    Jul 2008
    Maryland
    249 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeGuardDan View Post
    Beau,

we had a blast bud! I guess the Bald Eagle was all yours on that day. We always seem to have some goodies when we get together, now I am ready for the next one as we seem to alternate from time to time...wanna join us tomorrow? Serioulsy, as always, good to see and hunt with you, DIV is around the corner and see you then...or earlier.

Dan
    Looking forward to DIV. Already getting Bill's GPX figured out. Dug a small handful of bullets in the beat up Confederate camp next to the in-laws. Gong to a bigger camp on the 'morn. Thanks agian for your generosity and hope to see you guys soon.

us
    Jul 2008
    Maryland
    249 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat1750 View Post
    Each one of those finds would have made me do the happy dance! What year is the gold coin? I'd love to see a shot of the reverse.
    It's a '53. I'll post some more photos...
    Wildcat1750 likes this.

us
    Jul 2011
    Williamsburg, VA
    1059 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by aquachigger View Post
    Looking forward to DIV. Already getting Bill's GPX figured out. Dug a small handful of bullets in the beat up Confederate camp next to the in-laws. Gong to a bigger camp on the 'morn. Thanks agian for your generosity and hope to see you guys soon.
    It is your GPX now...glad to hear it worked. Hmmm find a good hot ground site and I will be up with the TDI.

us
    Nov 2011
    Charles Town, WV
    Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
    949 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    What did the gold coin read on the T2? I run an F75, but I know they are pretty similar.
    "Life's a garden. DIG IT!!!" - - Joe Dirt

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsors