🥇 BANNER GOLD!!!

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So.... My buddy HomeGuardDan invited me down to do a little digging with him and his friend Bill D. (VA). It's been a while since we dug together and for some reason he forgot to tell me to leave my lucky horseshoe at home. I had a great hunt! Ended up with three cut silver coins (circa 1700's) and a really interesting gold cuff link with a huge stone from the same era. The stone doesn't look like the normal glass ones I find, so I have my fingers crossed! The gold coin rounds out the finds. Thanks Dan and Bill, you're both all right in my book. Let me know when my hunt ban is up!!!

Attachments

• P1200022.JPG
    P1200022.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,889
  • P1200012.JPG
    P1200012.JPG
    850.4 KB · Views: 1,519
Upvote 38

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I am not one to say that every gold coin should be an auto-banner but combined with the other goodies you have once again done it my good man. I say BANNER hunt.
Well done aquachigger,
ZDD

White Akuma

May 2, 2012
Dolly Sods, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
ATGOLD!!
xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a great pic! Love the setting of the items. Banner worthy in my opinion.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I am guessing you were on dry land for this hunt. Great finds. I am wondering if they found anything :tongue3: Did you hunt with the AT? Been awhile since I looked at stones but is that not what they called a miners cut? And are you seeing any inclusions or carbon in it with a loop? Nice hunt hope you shot a video.
HH
TnMtns

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job man! Some more awesome finds to add to your outstanding collection!

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I am guessing you were on dry land for this hunt. Great finds. I am wondering if they found anything :tongue3: Did you hunt with the AT? Been awhile since I looked at stones but is that not what they called a miners cut? And are you seeing any inclusions or carbon in it with a loop? Nice hunt hope you shot a video.
HH
TnMtns

Thanks... I think that they actually dug more than me judging by their posts here. The stars just seemed to align for me this hunt. I just checked the stone and I don't see any inclusions. Probably not a crown jewel after all :( . It is in surprisingly good shape for glass though. Most of the ones I find are usual pretty scuffed up and cloudy. Dry land for sure, even a touch of snow on the ground. I used the T2 for this hunt. Dan used the ATG and Bill the F75 I believe. A great time was had by all, especialy myself!

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOLD-DIAMOND-CUT SILVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where does it end for you CHIG? BTW, when are you openin your MUSEUM???? LOL... CONGRATS.. BANNER ALL THE WAY!!! HH

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beau,

we had a blast bud! I guess the Bald Eagle was all yours on that day. We always seem to have some goodies when we get together, now I am ready for the next one as we seem to alternate from time to time...wanna join us tomorrow? Serioulsy, as always, good to see and hunt with you, DIV is around the corner and see you then...or earlier.

Dan

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Each one of those finds would have made me do the happy dance! What year is the gold coin? I'd love to see a shot of the reverse.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes my mouth water!! Love the Spanish bits but the Gold is fantastic!! Banner vote in.

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beau,

we had a blast bud! I guess the Bald Eagle was all yours on that day. We always seem to have some goodies when we get together, now I am ready for the next one as we seem to alternate from time to time...wanna join us tomorrow? Serioulsy, as always, good to see and hunt with you, DIV is around the corner and see you then...or earlier.

Dan

Looking forward to DIV. Already getting Bill's GPX figured out. Dug a small handful of bullets in the beat up Confederate camp next to the in-laws. Gong to a bigger camp on the 'morn. Thanks agian for your generosity and hope to see you guys soon.

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking forward to DIV. Already getting Bill's GPX figured out. Dug a small handful of bullets in the beat up Confederate camp next to the in-laws. Gong to a bigger camp on the 'morn. Thanks agian for your generosity and hope to see you guys soon.

It is your GPX now...glad to hear it worked. Hmmm find a good hot ground site and I will be up with the TDI.

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did the gold coin read on the T2? I run an F75, but I know they are pretty similar.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow those are some super sweet finds!

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Each one of those finds would have made me do the happy dance! What year is the gold coin? I'd love to see a shot of the reverse.

Here's a front and back. I'm still doing a happy dance!

Attachments

• P1200004.JPG
    P1200004.JPG
    491.9 KB · Views: 386
  • P1200009.JPG
    P1200009.JPG
    438.5 KB · Views: 433

SilverPirate

Dec 23, 2012
Boerne Tx.
Detector(s) used
New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, amazing finds! Banner for sure!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I love that pic Beau! I've never seen a gold cuff link like that, and the stone is unusually clear as you already mentioned. With a gold setting it's gotta be some kind of higher quality stone. Congrats again on your awesome finds, and they just help to give Dan and I that much more confidence that the site still has a lot to give up. Good luck with the GPX, and can't wait to see what you can do with it at the next DIV.

P.S. - I think you may have to change your handle to Terrachigger after your performance this weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread