Compac with SILVER coins inside !

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today I met up with a couple friends, Leprechaun & Plymouthonian Money Case (1).JPG Money Case (2).JPG Money Case (3).JPG Money Case (4).JPG Money Case (5).JPG Money Case (8).JPG Money Case (9).JPG Money Case (11).JPG Money Case (12).JPG Money Case (14).JPG Money Case (17).JPG Money Case (19).JPG . Been wanting to hit another site that was on my bucket list... Today it paid off bigtime... Walked straight down to the beach and bang... First item of the day was a Captain Midnight Badge.... Dates from 1941, and it's the first issue of the badge... I love this hobby.... walked a little further and a few coins and some brass in between...Then once again, bang a nice solid tone and pops out a beutiful brass Anchor belt buckle....If anyone can help ID this one it would be great... Maybe a date for it?...... Quite a bit of turn of the centry items... Love that time period... I also need some help on this next item, Looks to be some type of badge... Says Souviner N and / Emcamptment 1908 what a great day....2 pewter spoons... I found 8 compacs today? realy crazy...They were all in the mud... Now for the goody, also a compac, didn't open it till I got back home... I slowly worked the cover loose, and opened it slowly. Inside was 2 Walking Liberty Half dollars.... OMG..... I am on cloud nine.... wonder if it was placed there for a special reason....Thanks for looking and happy hunting... back at that spot again tomorrow....

Upvote 22

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
that early 1800's to mid 1800 era two piece naval belt buckle == (either british or american most likely ) would be a great find -- now got get the other half of it for a real treat.

any war of 1812 to civil war era naval troops in the area, that you know of?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
I think bird on compaq is bird of happiness - did you look up name on it yet?
Bird of Happiness or as I used to call it the "Bird of Paradise" and actually it looks like it may be the WHYDAH BIRD...how cool would that be....:laughing7:

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
that early 1800's to mid 1800 era two piece naval belt buckle == (either british or american most likely ) would be a great find -- now got get the other half of it for a real treat.

any war of 1812 to civil war era naval troops in the area, that you know of?
I am being told it is a 1943 Navy Sash Belt Buckle... mainly used by woman because it's so small and dainty... But that has never been proven... Went back again yesterday and tried hard to find the other half to no avail... but that don't meen that it isn't there somehwere.. I'll keep looking...

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an awesome hunt! Those are all some very neat relics. The Walkers in the compact is too cool! What are the dates on the halves? Way to go & I hope that site continues to produce more great finds for you.

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
What an awesome hunt! Those are all some very neat relics. The Walkers in the compact is too cool! What are the dates on the halves? Way to go & I hope that site continues to produce more great finds for you.
tough to read the dates but they look like 37 & 43

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bravo.gif
congrats2.gif
nice%20thread.gif
Happy hunting next hunt!!

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
mini-treasure chest. Cool find... now, you are officially a pirate... Congratulations.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, the compacts I find are always empty...cool find!

saltyshark2002

Mar 31, 2009
Derry, New Hampshire.
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,Fisher F-70,Bounty Hunter 505,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some great finds especially the compaq with the quarters...I have yet to brave the snow and cold this year.Last year by this time I already had 3 hunts under my belt.I might have to head to a coastal beach soon to get my first hunt out of the way for 2013.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
modern navy items used "fouled anchors " (with ropes) that plain anchor design with no rope --ie non fouled * is a very old type design used from rev war to civil war era time frame generally speaking (note it might be a sword belt buckle )--thus not a heavy duty large hold yer pants up type of belt buckle

compact is the correct spelling * for a item that holds things like make up or coins in this case.---compaq is a computer company ==and compac is wrong too.

Last edited:

SilverPirate

Dec 23, 2012
Boerne Tx.
Detector(s) used
New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, and awesome walkers!

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
whydah.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.light-blue.w760h760.jpg

Sure does look like the Whydah bird. It's Whydah's bird now. :laughing7:
Now that is just plain AWSOME thatnks for the post... It's official.. It's a Whydah Bird on the compac...:)

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
modern navy items used "fouled anchors " (with ropes) that plain anchor design with no rope --ie non fouled * is a very old type design used from rev war to civil war era time frame generally speaking (note it might be a sword belt buckle )--thus not a heavy duty large hold yer pants up type of belt buckle

compact is the correct spelling * for a item that holds things like make up or coins in this case.---compaq is a computer company ==and compac is wrong too.
Thanks Ivan, I am still never too old to learn... Knowledge is king....

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
I try to help spread what knowledge I do have --I too learned what I know from others --its a steady learning process, every day I try to learn something new -- it helps to keep my brain form being "bored' (ala sherlock holmes, I must have something to keep my mind buzy* )--lord I hate being bored, it is about as bad of a thing as I can think of while still being alive.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions