Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: My best find so far...14k and a mess of diamonds!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    King of the rings

Mar 2009
    San Jose , California
    Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
    2239 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Sweet gold !
    Always looking for that next ring !!

us
    Jan 2011
    Dalton,Ga.
    Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
    448 times
    Ya need to change your moniker to the "Ring Man".....lol,
    Just to let you new guy's know, I too have found alot of gold rings
    the last one I gave to my wife, It has a beautiful Emerald in it, She
    wore it for three Day's or so and It shattered on her! I took to a friend
    who owhs a Jewerly store And ask him if it was fixable, He asked me if she wore her rings doing house work ? Yes I said....He said to tell her NOT to do that ! Bleach has something in it that couses Gold to become brittle ! So to all out there, If your found rings break or you or your wifes wear them in the pool or doing house work...STOP IT!!!
    Good Luck to all and.............................HH

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams-

us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Larson mo jo pro Flippin stick
    3474 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Stunning!!!

us
    Dan or Daniel or Lucky if I've found Gold.

May 2012
    Mariposa, California. USA
    MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
    727 times
    That's really nice. I got a nice White Gold 14k ring similar to that, without the diamonds. 11 Grams. What a rush.

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    2983 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wtg62308.gif 
Views:	28 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	729987
    "Casper" - coincidence -check it out - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casper_(name) -
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    2474 times
    Digger, that's a beautiful ring! I always been hitting the volleyball courts in the parks, you've given me something to think about here!
    Thanks too, gunrunner for the advice.
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

us
    May 2011
    468 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pat-tekker-cat View Post
    Digger, that's a beautiful ring! I always been hitting the volleyball courts in the parks, you've given me something to think about here!
    Thanks too, gunrunner for the advice.

Thanks all!
    I am a park hunter for the most part, and areas around picnic pavilions, volleyball courts and basketball courts have been the most productive for me when it comes to clad and jewelry.
    Basketball courts most of all for the good stuff...I have found a few other great things around these like this pretty nice silver rope necklace which weighs almost 28 grams, too.
    If I go into a park site I have not hunted before and see a basketball court, I get pretty excited, nowadays!
    If you guys see one definitely scour the area just behind the baskets because shooting the ball near these and going up for lay-ups someone can definitely loose a ring, but I am finding the best stuff around the perimeter where the players place their jackets and bags or just sit when taking a break.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	good 2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	729994  
    Last edited by digger27; Jan 23, 2013 at 06:00 AM.

us
    May 2009
    NC USA
    Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT, Garrett Infinium
    676 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    That is one gorgeous ring. Congrats on an awesome find. Why buy a new detector. Your F2 seems to be doing a great job!

us
    Jan 2013
    Beltsville Maryland
    Garret GTA-1000 Garrett Seahunter Mark II
    14 times
    Metal Detecting
    I found a small gold ring with three small diamond chips last year in Delaware after dark got to keep it about 30min before it was impounded and kept by my wife she loves it

us
    May 2011
    468 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby1858 View Post
    I don't blame you a bit digger 27! If it's just going to be stored a way somewhere or never used, might as well sell it. I mean it's not like say a civil war relic found for the historic value or displaying or something. Excellent find!! Let us know the appraisal if you don't mind.

Since you asked...
    Met a fellow MD club member that used to manage jewelry stores at one of his old workplaces, a Helzberg Diamond store.
    He introduced me to the current manager and then we all went into a little room to examine this ring under the microscope.

This ring holds approximately 3/8 of a carat in diamond weight.
    They both came to the conclusion that the clarity of the round diamonds were an SI1, the baguettes were a little better at an SI2 but over all as a group they could be considered an SI2.
    Color is in the range of I-J.
    From some research I found that thee ratings are considered a very good value and pretty popular because any defects and color would would not be seen with the naked eye and only under 10x's magnification so they would look close to flawless by most people.

The consensus is that at regular retail this would be a $1299.00 ring, selling it on the street I should expect somewhere around $800 as a good and fair price for both parties.

Sounds good to me.
    Come spring I think the newest generation Black F75 SE might be in my future.

ca
    Oct 2007
    Newfoundland
    Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1000, Fisher1266X,Tesoro Cibola
    131 times
    Metal Detecting
    Kudos Digger27 ......That was some story! If your Fisher F2 is finding rings like that for you, I'd keep it! Seems like you know this detector very well, so if it ain't broke why fix it!! Hope I can make finds like that in 2013. Cabin fever is setting in! Good luck and hope you make more finds like that!

us
    May 2011
    468 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfiehunter View Post
    Kudos Digger27 ......That was some story! If your Fisher F2 is finding rings like that for you, I'd keep it! Seems like you know this detector very well, so if it ain't broke why fix it!! Hope I can make finds like that in 2013. Cabin fever is setting in! Good luck and hope you make more finds like that!

Thank you.

I have my F2 and my Compadre, and I got real good with both and found lots of jewelry, plus my Vaquero is no slouch in that department, either.
    Lately, however, and as strange as it may seem I am starting to get a little bored with that so it is time for me to switch to a new phase in this great hobby and try to get good at that.
    I am already in the process of doing some research and this season I will attempt to get away from my regular modern park sites and look for older places where I can start finding some older coins and especially silver that I see others finding all the time on the forums.
    Even though my Vaquero can go pretty deep, I have gotten so good with my F2 I wonder how much better I can be with an F75 and its greater depth and ability to ID targets at depth a little more accurately.

I live in NW Kansas near the border of Missouri and there is so much history around here with the Sante Fe and Oregon trails, not to mention all the civil war relics, I just want a shot to find everything I can that is possible to find with the best of the modern day machines.
    There are people around here that find tons of silver, lots of great relics and even a gold coin or two and I want me some of that.

Plus, getting a new detector and conquering the learning curve and mastering it is a bunch of fun for me, one of the best things about this hobby, actually.

I won't ever get rid of any of my detectors because I will still use them when the site calls for it.
    Just because you get some new and shiny stuff you can't abandon what worked for you in the past.
    Last edited by digger27; Jan 31, 2013 at 02:47 PM.

Feb 2012
    North Pole
    Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
    1907 times
    Nice
    One third jewelry of the World are under sand so far
    Finds2014
    Coins usables=800
    Silver= 8 pieces
    Gold= 2 Rings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors