My best find so far...14k and a mess of diamonds!

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Hey all.
I've been a member for awhile.
I read a lot and enjoy your posts, finds and tips...don't post much myself but something just happened to me last Friday that I have to share.

Some background...
I hunt with a Vaquero, a Compadre and an F2.
I have been doing this 3 years as of next month, love to dig anything and everything, but jewelry is my game.
I have concentrated on all jewelry, but like most, I especially love to find gold.

Last August on 2 successive hunts at a park site right next to a basketball court I had a mind blowing experience.
I dug not one, or two but three gold rings.
All were trash signals, (foil, tab, tab) and digging trash has been something I have been recommending to most others for awhile.
One of those rings was 14k and had a decent size diamond in the middle and I liked it so much I had it resized and I wear it today, a smaller heart ring my wife loves and I get to see it when I look at her hand.

P1030291.jpg

The absolute greatest experience I have had in this great hobby...till now.

Last Friday I was at another park and I was thrilled to be digging anything because the last hunt I had was in two large and open parks where the wind and colder temps had caused the dirt to freeze several inches deep and it was no fun trying to dig in soil like that at all.
I thought I was done for the winter and I was depressed, but it got back into the 50's that day and I tried one more park that was a little more sheltered from the wind and I hoped the soil was better...and it was.
I hunted around that site for awhile and eventually got around to the area in this park with a structure that eventually became my favorite place to hunt....another basketball court.

The other site where I found those three rings I had hunted it before but with bigger coils and I found those rings by switching to the sniper coil on my F2 and digging all signals including trash.
This site was the same.
I hunted around this court once before, but now I had my sniper instead of a larger coil.
10 minutes after hunting around a sideline, and after I dug a few tab and trash signals, I came across a nice tone that was a 32 on my F2.
This is a nickel, number, but actually not a usual and real nickel number which is usually a 33.
This 32 was, however, the same as several sta-tabs that I had already dug at this park.
I'm digging it anyway...so glad I did.
2" down in the side of the small plug was the band of a silver looking ring.
I pulled it out of the plug and when I turned it to the front I saw 4 diamonds staring at me just sparkling away in the sunlight.
I knocked the dirt out of middle and by using some magnifying power to help my old eyes I saw exactly what I hoped to see...14k.
I was shocked!
This was my very first white gold ring ever, and what a beauty!
I had the diamonds tested over the weekend and they are real, but even then before testing I knew.
Nothing shines like these rocks did in the sun except the real thing.
Get this.
I took it home and cleaned it up and had another surprise waiting for me.
I looked closer at those diamonds after a little cleaning and I almost fell off my chair when I saw separating those four beautiful diamonds were...more diamonds!
Five lovely baguettes all lined up nice and pretty.

I thought nothing could top those two hunts last August when I found those 3 gold rings...I was wrong.

The greatest find of my short career and even though it is gold ring # 14 for me, it is by far the very best one.
I would consider it the find of a lifetime, and I hope some other great and maybe nicer things are in store for me, but even if that never comes to pass, this will do.

Now to get it appraised and hopefully sold.
I have the itch to buy a new detector, I think I might have the best way to pay for it right in front of me.

HH

Attachments

• ww.jpg
    ww.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
Upvote 13

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
Well written, excellent pictures. You enjoy the hobby as much as the fruit it bears. Keep swinging and sharing your stories. Already looking forward to your next adventure.

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful rings - I hope you find many more!

Jdett411

Jan 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story man!!! I found my first Gold this past weekend along with 2 Silver rings and a silver necklace. So I now know your thrill too. Thanks for sharing.

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a beaut. I'd keep it if I could. The detector you have now obviously works, why change it?

OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Thats a beaut. I'd keep it if I could. The detector you have now obviously works, why change it?

LOL!

Thanks!
All my detectors work, and work well.
I use all of them, love to switch around and I will never part with any of them.
Here are the other gold targets I have found with all three.

all gold ring jan 2013.jpg

I have a whole lot of silver too, and a slew of other great things.
Sometimes, however, a guy just has a hankering for something with a couple more whistles and maybe a few more bells.
I am aiming for an F75 SE.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great read, big congrats on a sweet piece of bling!!! Right there with ya, bling is my thing 2

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A stunning find!! CONGRATS!!

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a sweet ring! I'd wear that sucker. Good job!
I'm definitely going back to a certain basketball court I know about after reading this.

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
I don't blame you a bit digger 27! If it's just going to be stored a way somewhere or never used, might as well sell it. I mean it's not like say a civil war relic found for the historic value or displaying or something. Excellent find!! Let us know the appraisal if you don't mind.

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds!!!

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet gold !

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya need to change your moniker to the "Ring Man".....lol,
Just to let you new guy's know, I too have found alot of gold rings
the last one I gave to my wife, It has a beautiful Emerald in it, She
wore it for three Day's or so and It shattered on her! I took to a friend
who owhs a Jewerly store And ask him if it was fixable, He asked me if she wore her rings doing house work ? Yes I said....He said to tell her NOT to do that ! Bleach has something in it that couses Gold to become brittle ! So to all out there, If your found rings break or you or your wifes wear them in the pool or doing house work...STOP IT!!!
Good Luck to all and.............................HH

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really nice. I got a nice White Gold 14k ring similar to that, without the diamonds. 11 Grams. What a rush.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread