nice surface find -- Standing Liberty

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
Took part of the day off yesterday to get out and take advantage of the good weather.

Went to a local park I had never hit before. Did my research ahead of time to determine some promising areas to start searching.

After a couple hours and nothing much to show, but a religous medal, I moved in closer to an old fountain. Near a tree there I scanned a good quarter signal, glancing down I could see a reeded edge protruding from the dirt. So much for a surprise, I knew right away it was a silver quarter. Knocked one piece of dirt off to reveal 1930 date. Remembered the forums good hint not to field clean any more dirt off of it. So I stashed it away.

I surveyed the immediate area in greater detail and at a slower pace... nearby found a 1941 Wheatie and a pocket knife.

This 1930 Quarter marked my first silver I've found since moving to Maryland 2 years ago. I am quite pleased and relieved.

Bjorn

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find!

hh

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! And awesome that you didn't field clean it. You're my hero for that. ;D Post a pic if you can. I'd love to see it.

Happy Holidays and Happy Hunting,

-Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread