Civil War Hunt With Dman & Quindy Today-Relics Found

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Doug and Quindy wanted me to come over and hunt with them today. The sun was nice but we had a wind chill in the upper 20s all day. Josh had to work so I had to open a gate as Doug immediately jumped into the back seat when we left town. Josh, I feel your pain - LOL. We did some scouting at a couple of spots but they didn’t pan out so we hit a spot after lunch for a couple of hours where we hunted last August when the soil was very dry. The Trio had hit it in October and dug relics but the soil was dry then too. This spot was in sight of a large U.S. camp so we knew that between the three of us we should recover a few relics. We were pleasantly surprised with two coat size Eagle GS buttons and more .58 cal. 3 ringers that are common finds there.

We had a very enjoyable day hunting together (as always) and all of us added relics to our collections. Note to Josh: Doug bought lunch-LOL. HH, Donnie.

Attachments

• JanHunt01.jpg
    JanHunt01.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 774
Upvote 8

JuliaV

Greenie
Mar 22, 2012
Nashville
Detector(s) used
1265-X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go guys! Looks like you all had a good day! Sorry I couldn't make it. Way to cold for me.

JuliaV
:notworthy:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like you guys had a good day. The gate keeper job is important though as one slip up and you can loose your hunting spot.:tongue3: Nice relics recovered.

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's V3I , Minelab CTX 3030 , Cibola, Deus, ATPro, GPX 5000. 4800, 4500, & 3500.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You and I both hunted that same site several years before we knew each other. I was surprised there were that many relics left in that little site. We had a great time and I always learn something from you.
Julia, you need to start back going hunting with us when you're not busy designing web pages because you are the only one who can keep Doug in line-LOL. Thanks for going with us & you two have fun next week, Q.

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt guys. Hopefully I will get to hunt with the Trio one day!

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats buddy,ain't nothing like a couple of buddies getting together for a hunt.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I really had a good time hunting with Donnie a Quindy. Donnie did a fair job opening the gates but I am sure he will improve with more practice. LOL I hope next time we hunt our cousins from gallatin will be able to go.

OP
OP
tennessee digger

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
DMan. Tell us about your "7 tips". One of them must have worked because you did dig a nice coat button. Tennessee digger

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeze, ya'll save me somethin' to find. lol Any day one finds CW relics is a good day. :icon_thumright:
Nana
ps...I don't mind being the gate keeper. After 7 years, I've got a pretty good clue.
:tongue3:

SilverPirate

Dec 23, 2012
Boerne Tx.
Detector(s) used
New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds!

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good hunt guys. It's hard not to go back to spot that have payed off in the passed. They just keep putting out. Well done ....HH

OP
OP
tennessee digger

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Thanks for all of the nice comments. I'll deal with DMan later, but he shouldn't talk about Josh and Quindy that way! The area that we finally hunted has been POUNDED for many years so we were really satisfied with what we did find. Quindy and Doug are fun to hunt with as you can imagine. Always something going on with them two. Tennessee digger

rebelrouser

Dec 4, 2008
way to go guys..Donnie last Saturday night took granddaughter out to eat. Roger Rochell came by and talked.it was super seeing him. i think he has got something more on his mind than digging.lol ..he talked alot about Howard.we swaped laughts talking about him.glad to see you hunting.take care and good hunting.

OP
OP
tennessee digger

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Don.... Good to hear from you too. Roger and I dug a lot of relics together for many years. Howard was involved with one of the most embarrassing moments that I've ever had while relic hunting. Can't repeat it of course on this forum but Doug and Quindy know the story. Next time you see DMan, ask him about it. Tennessee digger

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go on a good-looking hunt! I've got to handed to y'all for hunting as C-O-L-D as it was yesterday! Now you have NO excuse when asked to take out the trash . . . ..but honey, it's toooo cold to take it out! :tongue3: Breezie

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Hunt I could have found nothing but cherished just for the company!!!

OP
OP
tennessee digger

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Way to go on a good-looking hunt! I've got to handed to y'all for hunting as C-O-L-D as it was yesterday! Now you have NO excuse when asked to take out the trash . . . ..but honey, it's toooo cold to take it out! :tongue3: Breezie
Thanks Breezie. It was a little cold yesterday and Quindy and I actually thought about setting Doug on fire so we could warm our hands:angry4: Tennessee digger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread