Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The path to treasure?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2013
    Brownsville, Pa
    White's Classic III, Garrett Ace 250
    77 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'm a good ways west of philly (other side of state), but we get copperheads here, and they love rocks. So just watch were you step.

Killed a small one in the back yard last summer.

Looks like a promising spot though. Good luck.

us
    Jan 2013
    Delaware / SoDel
    Garrett At Pro (for now)
    122 times
    Metal Detecting
    We have Copper Heads down here in De. The majority of snakes I have encountered try to get away from me, but on more than one occasion I have been chased off by a Copper head while fishing. Nasty little boogers..

us
    Call me Frosty

Dec 2012
    somewhere in philadelphia
    whites classic sl iii
    27 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Guy's, you're scaring the hell out of me and i haven't even hit that spot yet. I'm not a big fan of snake's, but i'd definiitely like to try beer battering one, some day soon. I did some research. Most of my east coast snake's are garter snake's or hog's. Both are harmless. Will definitely be on the look out for the timber snake though. The walk thru the tunnel is only about 10 yards, then another 100 yards to the house.

us
    Jul 2012
    SE Va
    Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector), Minelab Sovereign GT (w/Minelab 550
    2536 times
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    I wouldn't worry too much about any snakes (sorry to spook you!) this time of year. All should be hibernating by now,.

us
    Apr 2010
    145 times
    Haha, go over the tracks to the farm house FIRST! You can do the ambulance on the way HOME!

us
    Apr 2010
    145 times
    Those little LED flash lights are great. Bring yourself some real good lighting and wear some appropriate gear (gloves and bring a long stick or something). Well, I guess you got your detector, that's probably better than a stick!

us
    Adventure1

Jan 2013
    North central Pa.
    Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
    949 times
    Yeah no reason to be scared unless you get a really hot day early in the season and the come out to sun.. They usually don't go to far away from the den on days like that though... Just watch your step and have fun.. Better to be aware of what could be there than be caught off gaurd by what you thought should'nt be there..

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    18781 times
    Be safe ,structure wise. Summer its spider bites worry me more than snakes.
    Any way, winter an all right time to check the tunnel walls with detector. Not suggesting causing a collapse. Just checking for a brick sized hidey hole.
    Being one would be out of view of watching eyes something could be squirreled. have fun.

us
    Call me Frosty

Dec 2012
    somewhere in philadelphia
    whites classic sl iii
    27 times
    Thank's guy's!

us
    Jan 2013
    Full Time In An RV
    Garrett GTI 1500
    383 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by picker1733 View Post
    Guy's, you're scaring the hell out of me and i haven't even hit that spot yet. I'm not a big fan of snake's, but i'd definiitely like to try beer battering one, some day soon. I did some research. Most of my east coast snake's are garter snake's or hog's. Both are harmless. Will definitely be on the look out for the timber snake though. The walk thru the tunnel is only about 10 yards, then another 100 yards to the house.
    Please remember, you are smarter than a snake, you are bigger than a snake, you have more hands than a snake, you can carry a longer knife than a snake and you can fit a snake in a frying pan. Also please remember to just have fun!
    Ten years ago the USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now the USA has no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

us
    Donald

Dec 2012
    Boerne Tx.
    New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
    127 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Marko0916 View Post
    Make sure that jeepers creepers dude isn't shacking in there first, someone may find your detector in wax on the cave ceiling one day.
    Lol

us
    Jan 2013
    Delaware / SoDel
    Garrett At Pro (for now)
    122 times
    Metal Detecting
    Oh just run through it you big sissy. And watch out for spiders.....
    I once saw a guy come running out of the woods at a park..after he cleared the tree line he stopped then started clawing at his face like a mad man.... In full view of 200 people...screaming like mad, tears his shirt off throws it on the ground..after an inspection of it he shakes it off, wipes his face and puts it back on. Looks around and tells a few people that it's ok, it was just a spider web. I'm guessing he went to take a leak. I looked around, everybody had stopped moving and were looking right at him. How embarrassing. You would have thought Sasquatch had just ran out of the woods it was so quiet....
    arnofarrell likes this.

us
    Nov 2010
    California
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    946 times
    lol, love this thread! And love chkn's advice to go over the tracks on the way in! When I first read your mention of no need to worry about snakes on East Coast, I nearly fell out of my chair! Lived in Virginia 40 years, where's there's four types of poisonous snakes -- copperhead, moccasin, rattler & coral. Hiking and swimming in Virginia, I saw more poisonous snakes than in my hiking years in New Mexico & Arizona put together! But didn't see a sidewinder rattler til I was walking along a frequently-used path to meet my daughter at her Arizona school. Important in snake country is to never put your hands or feet anywhere that you can't visually check out first! ANYHOW, THE MAIN THING IS THAT YOU'RE LIKELY TO FIND MUCH AWESOME GROOVY STUFF ON THE OLD FARMSTEAD! Have fun! Andi

us
    Nov 2012
    Nashville
    Minelab x-Terra 505
    4825 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by 302guy
    Oh just run through it you big sissy. And watch out for spiders.....
    I once saw a guy come running out of the woods at a park..after he cleared the tree line he stopped then started clawing at his face like a mad man.... In full view of 200 people...screaming like mad, tears his shirt off throws it on the ground..after an inspection of it he shakes it off, wipes his face and puts it back on. Looks around and tells a few people that it's ok, it was just a spider web. I'm guessing he went to take a leak. I looked around, everybody had stopped moving and were looking right at him. How embarrassing. You would have thought Sasquatch had just ran out of the woods it was so quiet....
    Ummm that would be totally me,lol! Good luck on your hunt!
    "What if it's not just another pull tab?" - Lance

“Fancy some lemonade Lance?” - Sheila

us
    Jun 2012
    Natchez, Mississippi
    Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
    140 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I would not be able to sleep till I got in there - good luck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links