pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah no reason to be scared unless you get a really hot day early in the season and the come out to sun.. They usually don't go to far away from the den on days like that though... Just watch your step and have fun.. Better to be aware of what could be there than be caught off gaurd by what you thought should'nt be there..

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Be safe ,structure wise. Summer its spider bites worry me more than snakes.
Any way, winter an all right time to check the tunnel walls with detector. Not suggesting causing a collapse. Just checking for a brick sized hidey hole.
Being one would be out of view of watching eyes something could be squirreled. have fun.

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guy's, you're scaring the hell out of me and i haven't even hit that spot yet. :) I'm not a big fan of snake's, but i'd definiitely like to try beer battering one, some day soon. :) I did some research. Most of my east coast snake's are garter snake's or hog's. Both are harmless. Will definitely be on the look out for the timber snake though. The walk thru the tunnel is only about 10 yards, then another 100 yards to the house.

Please remember, you are smarter than a snake, you are bigger than a snake, you have more hands than a snake, you can carry a longer knife than a snake and you can fit a snake in a frying pan. Also please remember to just have fun!

SilverPirate

Dec 23, 2012
Boerne Tx.
Detector(s) used
New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure that jeepers creepers dude isn't shacking in there first, someone may find your detector in wax on the cave ceiling one day.

Lol

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh just run through it you big sissy. And watch out for spiders.....
I once saw a guy come running out of the woods at a park..after he cleared the tree line he stopped then started clawing at his face like a mad man.... In full view of 200 people...screaming like mad, tears his shirt off throws it on the ground..after an inspection of it he shakes it off, wipes his face and puts it back on. Looks around and tells a few people that it's ok, it was just a spider web. I'm guessing he went to take a leak. I looked around, everybody had stopped moving and were looking right at him. How embarrassing. You would have thought Sasquatch had just ran out of the woods it was so quiet....

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
lol, love this thread! And love chkn's advice to go over the tracks on the way in! When I first read your mention of no need to worry about snakes on East Coast, I nearly fell out of my chair! Lived in Virginia 40 years, where's there's four types of poisonous snakes -- copperhead, moccasin, rattler & coral. Hiking and swimming in Virginia, I saw more poisonous snakes than in my hiking years in New Mexico & Arizona put together! But didn't see a sidewinder rattler til I was walking along a frequently-used path to meet my daughter at her Arizona school. Important in snake country is to never put your hands or feet anywhere that you can't visually check out first! ANYHOW, THE MAIN THING IS THAT YOU'RE LIKELY TO FIND MUCH AWESOME GROOVY STUFF ON THE OLD FARMSTEAD! Have fun! Andi

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
302guy said:
Oh just run through it you big sissy. And watch out for spiders.....
I once saw a guy come running out of the woods at a park..after he cleared the tree line he stopped then started clawing at his face like a mad man.... In full view of 200 people...screaming like mad, tears his shirt off throws it on the ground..after an inspection of it he shakes it off, wipes his face and puts it back on. Looks around and tells a few people that it's ok, it was just a spider web. I'm guessing he went to take a leak. I looked around, everybody had stopped moving and were looking right at him. How embarrassing. You would have thought Sasquatch had just ran out of the woods it was so quiet....

Ummm that would be totally me,lol! Good luck on your hunt!

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not be able to sleep till I got in there - good luck

frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm picturing a Goonies adventure there! Just remember to do the Truffle Shuffle before you head in! Good luck and BE CAREFUL!

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get a blow up doll, a dog, and a pair of roller skates, two tennis balls and a bag of treats................you know where I'm going with this huh?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions