The path to treasure?

picker1733

Dec 20, 2012
somewhere in philadelphia
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl iii
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Left my metal detector in the jeep. Too cold and the ground is like concrete. But i found this interesting tunnel,(train tracks above it) that leads to an abandoned stone house/farm. Should be some good finds back there.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 376
Upvote 3

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good place for snakes... Hit it early before they come out.. They are never fun to run into..

OP
OP
P

picker1733

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl iii
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank's for the tip. But all we really have to worry about on the east coast, are garter & hog snake's to deal with.

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure that jeepers creepers dude isn't shacking in there first, someone may find your detector in wax on the cave ceiling one day.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank's for the tip. But all we really have to worry about on the east coast, are garter & hog snake's to deal with.
Wow your lucky.. Where i'm from those rocks would be crawling with those slithery little buggers and probaly the ones with the rattles on the end of their tails... Good luck with the site though..

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How cool and what an adventure! be safe and HH

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That looks FUN!

Agree with what everyone else said, too, about snakes & safety. Make sure you bring your cell phone with you & tell someone where you are going in case you run into trouble.

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks FUN!

Agree with what everyone else said, too, about snakes & safety. Make sure you bring your cell phone with you & tell someone where you are going in case you run into trouble.
does Aron Ralston ring a bell.........127 hrs

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The biggest problem I've always had with snakes is the best batter to fry them in, when not smoking them over an open fire. I have used Zatarain's batter mix with beer, but just plain flour will do when nothing else is available. Add a little chili powder for an edge and then chow down. And no, it does not taste like chicken!

Shortynego

Jan 23, 2013
Id definitely be scared to go in there by my self... Hope u find lots of adventure!! Have fun but be careful!! 8)

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And those that didn't know usually confuse the Timber's for one of those harmless snakes. I almost made that mistake playing with a one footer in Ypsilanti Mi. once...notice in the pic...they LOVE rocks.

Good looking out!

I grew up in PA and spent alot of time outdoors. Gotta know what to look out for.....remember to beware of the baby snakes, they can't regulate their venom and will give you everything they have in one shot!

jodan3399

Jan 1, 2013
Brownsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
White's Classic III, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a good ways west of philly (other side of state), but we get copperheads here, and they love rocks. So just watch were you step.

Killed a small one in the back yard last summer.

Looks like a promising spot though. Good luck.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have Copper Heads down here in De. The majority of snakes I have encountered try to get away from me, but on more than one occasion I have been chased off by a Copper head while fishing. Nasty little boogers..

OP
OP
P

picker1733

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl iii
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guy's, you're scaring the hell out of me and i haven't even hit that spot yet. :) I'm not a big fan of snake's, but i'd definiitely like to try beer battering one, some day soon. :) I did some research. Most of my east coast snake's are garter snake's or hog's. Both are harmless. Will definitely be on the look out for the timber snake though. The walk thru the tunnel is only about 10 yards, then another 100 yards to the house.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't worry too much about any snakes (sorry to spook you!) this time of year. All should be hibernating by now,.

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
Haha, go over the tracks to the farm house FIRST! You can do the ambulance on the way HOME!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread