Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Since I've been posting results from each individual hunt at this site I thought it would be worthwhile to show a couple pics of the collective finds so far. These are just my finds, but my buddy Dan can at least duplicate what I've shown here. Actually, our finds so far have been extremely consistent with 5 silvers, 2 coppers and well over 100 buttons each. Can't get much closer than that. And that doesn't count the 3 cut pieces that our friend Aquachigger dug a week ago. I'm sure we've probably peaked out in this part of the property but I guarantee some killer random finds are still waiting to be made, including at least 3 trash pits we've identified that have yet to be dug. And that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface as we still have hundreds of acres of uncovered territory on this property that our research shows could contain multiple early sites. So hopefully the fun is just beginning. We also have a few other sites with great potential in other areas that we have permission for, but it's hard to break away from this one site as long as we're continuing to be successful. I guess that's a good problem to have.

Dan - it would be great to see some pics of your overall finds too. Post 'em up buddy!

Attachments

• total finds1c.JPG
    total finds1c.JPG
    337.2 KB · Views: 375
  • total finds1d.JPG
    total finds1d.JPG
    330.2 KB · Views: 347
Upvote 11

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dad gum boy look at the buttons.That's one heck of a haul of relic's. Yaw boys need to start takeing the wheelbarrow.very nice.Awesome BILL...

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding!

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dream site.
Thanks for posting the pics and stories. Inspiring.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what you call a BOX OF BEAUTY!!!!! HH

TomPA

Feb 13, 2011
Western PA.
Detector(s) used
F75
AT Pro Gold
Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow Bill! You guys sure had a bunch of signals-and some good ones at that.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful group of finds from a very historic spot. I'm sure you have dug a great deal of modern trash there but are you finding any Victorian era finds? It's not as if the site wasn't occupied then. Is there a house still standing? When I hunt a spot where the old house is still standing, I find colonial and Victorian era relics. I expect to see a lot more harmonica reed pieces in that box lol.

Last edited:

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you or Dan ever find out what that piece of brass with the measurement lines was?

CityDigger

Dec 30, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Garrett AT Pro
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's awesome...and I quit! Can't compete with that.

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Wonderful group of finds from a very historic spot. I'm sure you have dug a great deal of modern trash there but are you finding any Victorian era finds? It's not as if the site wasn't occupied then. Is there a house still standing? When I hunt a spot where the old house is still standing, I find colonial and Victorian era relics. I expect to see a lot more harmonica reed pieces in that box lol.

Joey - it's rather unusual that we're digging very few targets that are post-CW. Don't really have an explanation for that since I'm sure that area saw some activity during that time. But I'm not complaining. And to answer your other question, no, I don't think we know what that pieces are with the lines and numbers on them. But we do believe they date to pre-1800 based on their appearance.

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys hit the jackpot!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great assortment there Bill. Looks like the place had nearly 200 years of occupation right up through the Civil War. I really like all those early buckles and buckle frags. My sites aren't old enough for those. I did dig some in Antiqua many years ago.

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one Bill. I will shoot mine today and post them up. We really have pretty much matched each other in the finds department.

Dan

coin hunter

Jan 13, 2008
Sidney, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett,1500 , 2500, AT PRO, Garrett Pin pointer,AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a lot of digging !!!

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
The quality and quantity are tough to beat. At this rate you might rival last years finds. Excellent recoveries!
Evan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions