Jan 12, 2013
St. Ignatius Montana
Detector(s) used
whites spectra V3i
whites gold master
cobra beach magnet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here I sit looking out my window to where my yard used to be.:BangHead: It is now under a foot of snow and more on the way, but you better be careful because come SPRING I'll be well rested and hard to catch. I better order a new keyboard, this one will probaly wear out half through the summer. I guess till then I'll keep reading your posts and planning my escape to the great outdoors.

Upvote 2

cahil_2

Apr 27, 2012
West. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab e-trac,
Garrett Pro pointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator 31 Digger, Minelab pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same here, I love reading the threads, but they make me envious for warmer temps and unfrozen ground. I actually went out and snowblowed out my test garden so I could go out and swing my detector over my test garden the other day.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah as much as I truly enjoy seeing all the finds here, it makes me sick that I have to wait till spring to detect. Tonight it's -45 (-49F), I really need to move lol.....

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We are under a lake effect snow warning until 2/2/13 1300hrs. Hate winter....

Fitzwilk

Jan 6, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah as much as I truly enjoy seeing all the finds here, it makes me sick that I have to wait till spring to detect. Tonight it's -45 (-49F), I really need to move lol.....

You should head on down to Daytona Beach. I see almost as many Quebec license plates as Florida plates. 8-)

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here I sit looking out my window to where my yard used to be.:BangHead: It is now under a foot of snow and more on the way, but you better be careful because come SPRING I'll be well rested and hard to catch. I better order a new keyboard, this one will probaly wear out half through the summer. I guess till then I'll keep reading your posts and planning my escape to the great outdoors.
Sorry guys I quess I'm spoiled,the only thing that stop's me around here N. of ATL. GA is a good rain [I need a waterproof machine .AT-Maybe?] But even if it was to snow 2or3 inches Id likely be stuck for a day or 2. Spring will come ! It wanted to for 2 days w/temps near 70 & SEVERE STORMS , now its cold again low's 25-30 f [but not too cold to hunt] but cold enough for me . we need the 2011-2012 winter again. any way it will be the 4th of july before we know it ."its like that when you get older Ive noticed" Davers

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hear ya dig kzoo, we got lake effect off Huron a week ago. I really dont mind cold air temps(35-50) I just hate frozen ground, even the beach sand is to hard to recover anything

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When I first joined T-Net I had been lurking for a while and I'll tell ya, even though I have a lot of experience in the hobby. Those finds that kept showing up here made me GREEN with envy! AND, I had plenty of good weather and time to hunt!!! :)

Of course, by reading the posts I became more familiar with the key to this hobby. Research.

Don't be jealous and envious, turn that energy into looking up new spots to try when the weather breaks. Finding a good spot in "history" can be every bit as exciting as actually digging up the proof. With the entire world's history at most people's fingers nowadays, it's sooooo much easier! Also, when you find a possibility then find the physical spot and get the permission. The hunt will be ever so much sweeter when it comes!

Good luck and HH!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cahil_2,
Out of curiosity how did your machine react to the frozen test garden? Were the numbers/sounds same as for unfrozen ground or were they different? Like maybe a bit more static from them shaking in the cold ground? (okay that last one was a tease but I am serious about the main question!)

I was born and raised in and around Detroit and still love the snow as it just makes for another place to play in a different way. Stay warm, keep swinging, do some research and stay well!...........63bkpkr

Warmer days are coming! 180_8078.JPG 184_8445_r1.jpg

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Dunno what you guy's are always fussin about...

I was at the beach yesterday 'tectin when this fellow asked me to help hold his flying thing as it was a little breezy (which is why he was on the beach) and it was really nice out.

kite.jpg

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was at the beach yesterday 'tectin when this fellow asked me to help hold his flying thing as it was a little breezy (which is why he was on the beach) and it was really nice out.

That's it, keep teasing the rattlesnake! You'll get bit! Or someone might lay a curse on you that all your low VDI's are pull tabs! ;) LOL

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett powermaster GTA1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's it, keep teasing the rattlesnake! You'll get bit! Or someone might lay a curse on you that all your low VDI's are pull tabs! ;) LOL

i love your siggy! that is just awesome!

<<I have to take my detector out for a walk every now & then. If I don't, it starts leaving little piles of pull tabs all over the house!!>>

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i love your siggy! that is just awesome!

<<I have to take my detector out for a walk every now & then. If I don't, it starts leaving little piles of pull tabs all over the house!!>>

Glad you enjoyed, it kind of came to me one rainy day when the detector was looking at me from it's corner. :)

HH!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hear ya dig kzoo, we got lake effect off Huron a week ago. I really dont mind cold air temps(35-50) I just hate frozen ground, even the beach sand is to hard to recover anything

Hear that! just went outside for a min, yup 9 degrees.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SilverPirate said:

Lol indeed to the "don't move too fast or you might break something" comment.

Although with frostbite on exposed skin in under 10 minutes, having an appendage freeze and snap off is a sad reality...ouch!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 734078

Wow rub it in!:BangHead: LOL

OP
OP
homestead hunter

homestead hunter

Jan 12, 2013
St. Ignatius Montana
Detector(s) used
whites spectra V3i
whites gold master
cobra beach magnet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW what beautiful pictures ! I'm from Montana so the landscape makes the day out worth the trip any finds are an added bonus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread