Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: So Jealous

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Don

Jan 2013
    St. Ignatius Montana
    whites spectra V3i whites gold master cobra beach magnet
    7 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

So Jealous

Here I sit looking out my window to where my yard used to be. It is now under a foot of snow and more on the way, but you better be careful because come SPRING I'll be well rested and hard to catch. I better order a new keyboard, this one will probaly wear out half through the summer. I guess till then I'll keep reading your posts and planning my escape to the great outdoors.
    WHADIFIND and cschiefs like this.

us
    Mark

Apr 2012
    West. Michigan
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab e-trac, Garrett Pro pointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator 31 Digger, Minelab pro pointer
    148 times
    Metal Detecting
    Same here, I love reading the threads, but they make me envious for warmer temps and unfrozen ground. I actually went out and snowblowed out my test garden so I could go out and swing my detector over my test garden the other day.

ca
    Nov 2010
    Canada
    XP Deus, ATPro
    6487 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Yeah as much as I truly enjoy seeing all the finds here, it makes me sick that I have to wait till spring to detect. Tonight it's -45 (-49F), I really need to move lol.....

us
    Don

Jan 2013
    St. Ignatius Montana
    whites spectra V3i whites gold master cobra beach magnet
    7 times
    I wouldn't move very fast you might break something

us
    Jan 2013
    Kalamazoo co. MI
    1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers a family adventure!!
    650 times
    Metal Detecting
    We are under a lake effect snow warning until 2/2/13 1300hrs. Hate winter....

us
    Jan 2013
    East Coast, Florida
    Minelab Excalibur II
    190 times
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Cache View Post
    Yeah as much as I truly enjoy seeing all the finds here, it makes me sick that I have to wait till spring to detect. Tonight it's -45 (-49F), I really need to move lol.....
    You should head on down to Daytona Beach. I see almost as many Quebec license plates as Florida plates.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6241 times
    Quote Originally Posted by homestead hunter View Post
    Here I sit looking out my window to where my yard used to be. It is now under a foot of snow and more on the way, but you better be careful because come SPRING I'll be well rested and hard to catch. I better order a new keyboard, this one will probaly wear out half through the summer. I guess till then I'll keep reading your posts and planning my escape to the great outdoors.
    Sorry guys I quess I'm spoiled,the only thing that stop's me around here N. of ATL. GA is a good rain [I need a waterproof machine .AT-Maybe?] But even if it was to snow 2or3 inches Id likely be stuck for a day or 2. Spring will come ! It wanted to for 2 days w/temps near 70 & SEVERE STORMS , now its cold again low's 25-30 f [but not too cold to hunt] but cold enough for me . we need the 2011-2012 winter again. any way it will be the 4th of july before we know it ."its like that when you get older Ive noticed" Davers

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    S.E. Michigan.
    Minelab CTX 3030.... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
    2220 times
    Metal Detecting
    I hear ya dig kzoo, we got lake effect off Huron a week ago. I really dont mind cold air temps(35-50) I just hate frozen ground, even the beach sand is to hard to recover anything
    1844 Canadian Half Cent ... (2) 1859 Canadian Large Cent... 1873 Three Cent Nickle... 2- 1864 U.S. 2 Cent Piece... 1858 Seated Half Dime... 1875 Seated Half Dollar... 1863 Fatty IH ... Civil War Eagle I button ... Frisbie's Civil War Store Token

Stumbles In Corn ..........(Thanks Treblehunter!)

Apr 2012
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Garrett AT-PRO, Garrett Groundhog, Pro-Pointer, Jack Hammer!
    15847 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    When I first joined T-Net I had been lurking for a while and I'll tell ya, even though I have a lot of experience in the hobby. Those finds that kept showing up here made me GREEN with envy! AND, I had plenty of good weather and time to hunt!!!

Of course, by reading the posts I became more familiar with the key to this hobby. Research.

Don't be jealous and envious, turn that energy into looking up new spots to try when the weather breaks. Finding a good spot in "history" can be every bit as exciting as actually digging up the proof. With the entire world's history at most people's fingers nowadays, it's sooooo much easier! Also, when you find a possibility then find the physical spot and get the permission. The hunt will be ever so much sweeter when it comes!

Good luck and HH!
    dig kzoo likes this.
    "A good day has no rain. A bad day; is when I lie in bed and think of things that might have been." -Paul Simon

If you need to fill some time: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ent-hobby.html

us
    Donald

Dec 2012
    Boerne Tx.
    New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
    127 times
    Metal Detecting
    I wouldn't move very fast you might break something
    Lol

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4521 times
    Cahil_2,
    Out of curiosity how did your machine react to the frozen test garden? Were the numbers/sounds same as for unfrozen ground or were they different? Like maybe a bit more static from them shaking in the cold ground? (okay that last one was a tease but I am serious about the main question!)

I was born and raised in and around Detroit and still love the snow as it just makes for another place to play in a different way. Stay warm, keep swinging, do some research and stay well!...........63bkpkr

Warmer days are coming! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180_8078.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	734067 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	184_8445_r1.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	734071
    homestead hunter likes this.
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    The Mangrove Coast
    CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
    8357 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member, Deliverer of World Peace
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Dunno what you guy's are always fussin about...

I was at the beach yesterday 'tectin when this fellow asked me to help hold his flying thing as it was a little breezy (which is why he was on the beach) and it was really nice out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kite.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	734078
    WHADIFIND likes this.
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

I am a second level vegetarian. Cow's eat grass. I eat cows.

Apr 2012
    15847 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    Dunno what you guy's are always fussin about...

I was at the beach yesterday 'tectin when this fellow asked me to help hold his flying thing as it was a little breezy (which is why he was on the beach) and it was really nice out.
    That's it, keep teasing the rattlesnake! You'll get bit! Or someone might lay a curse on you that all your low VDI's are pull tabs! LOL
    metalman89, cooper1841 and 63bkpkr like this.
    "A good day has no rain. A bad day; is when I lie in bed and think of things that might have been." -Paul Simon

If you need to fill some time: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ent-hobby.html

us
    Bon

Jan 2013
    Joplin Missouri
    Garret Ace 350 Garrett powermaster GTA1000
    43 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WHADIFIND View Post
    That's it, keep teasing the rattlesnake! You'll get bit! Or someone might lay a curse on you that all your low VDI's are pull tabs! LOL
    i love your siggy! that is just awesome!

<<I have to take my detector out for a walk every now & then. If I don't, it starts leaving little piles of pull tabs all over the house!!>>
    WHADIFIND likes this.

Apr 2012
    15847 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by metalman89 View Post
    i love your siggy! that is just awesome!

<<I have to take my detector out for a walk every now & then. If I don't, it starts leaving little piles of pull tabs all over the house!!>>
    Glad you enjoyed, it kind of came to me one rainy day when the detector was looking at me from it's corner.

HH!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links