Post Colonial Coin & Sterling Salt Shaker

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today I braved the very cold day along with the wind....Brrrrrr.... to say the least. I did manage a few goodies for my effort today... I started at a place that wasn't far from the shipwreck that I located a few weeks ago... It was just across the harbor. I started swinging and within just a few minutes I was in the coins... They were all fairly modern, but they were targets so I kept on weeding through them and then a nice tone, I dug down and out popped a silver 999 issue coin with aneagle on it... OK it's starting to look better... Sudenly I wasn't cold anymore.... A few minutes later another siver sounding object but seemed to be very large and deep... Dug down and on the 3rd scoop from the mud I got a sterling salt shaker...WOW on a roll now... I kept going and going... Got a nice couple of musket balls... and then a very low tone... out comes this coin and all I could see was a head facing left...OK in the goody pouch with that one...I was thinking at the time it was a Conn Copper very worn from the salt water...A nice old pad lock and some kind of slipper? or may be its the end cap for a sword? Got chased out from the high tide, but heading back tomorrow... On my way out, as I was still swinging, I noticed another nice bottle in the mud... Put it into my pouch and it turns out to be from around the 20's or 30's? ... Thanks for looking and happy hunting... will post up tomorrow ...... Harbor finds 2013 (1).JPG Harbor finds 2013 (19).JPG Harbor finds 2013 (20).JPG Harbor finds 2013 (23).JPG Harbor finds 2013 (25).JPG Harbor finds 2013 (27).JPG Harbor finds 2013 (3).JPG Harbor finds 2013 (5).JPG Harbor finds 2013 (6).JPG Harbor finds 2013 (8).JPG Harbor finds 2013 (12).JPG Harbor finds 2013 (13).JPG

Upvote 2

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds. love the shaker

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are sum GREAT finds there W!!! CONGRATS.. HH

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow those are some really cool finds... That salt shaker is a really nice piece.. Congrats..

hammong

Aug 29, 2009
That looks like a great site! I dunno about that salt shaker being sterling, looks like brass/tin alloy (like tombac). Who knows, test it out and let us know! It's beautiful anyhow! Nice colonial copper!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread